Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 01 Aug 2014, 20:34
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
How to share wireless through Ethernet?
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
JamesTheAwesomeDude

PostPosted: Thu 31 Jan 2013, 00:43    Post subject:  How to share wireless through Ethernet?  

I have three computers: one that I use for my everyday stuff, an older one that I use mostly just for geek cred, and a Pentium 1, which I am currently contemplating resurrecting.

The thing is, I only have 1 Wireless adapter, and I switch between the two main computers somewhat frequently. I have found out how to get Ubuntu to share its Wi-Fi through the Ethernet port, but I don't know how to do this in Puppy Linux.
tytower

PostPosted: Thu 31 Jan 2013, 04:17    Post subject:  

Ohh thats interesting . I take it you want to plug computer 1 ethernet board into computer 2 into computer 3 and share the wireless connection on computer 1.

Is that how it is? A dongle can be had for 5/20 bucks so I would just buy two more and save the work. If as above I don't know but I am sure it can be done so I will sit here and watch what is said .

JamesTheAwesomeDude

PostPosted: Fri 01 Feb 2013, 01:18    Post subject:    

Lol, your assessment is pretty much correct. I have ethernet cables coming out the wazoo at our house, but we have a critical shortage of wi-fi adapters.

Buying another adapter is currently being considered, but I can't count on that happening anytime soon. Sad
JamesTheAwesomeDude

PostPosted: Sat 02 Feb 2013, 23:54    Post subject:  

Just realized that computer 2 only has 1 ethernet port, and computer 3 doesn't have any. (No USB ports either...)

So.. I just need to share internet from one computer (which has a wifi adapter) to another. I used to do this in Ubuntu (just set a new ethernet connection, with the IP setting set to "Shared with other computers",) but I don't know how to do this in Puppy Linux.
Ray MK

PostPosted: Mon 04 Feb 2013, 03:31    Post subject:  

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=264415#264415
HTH - regards - Ray

Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to: