Need Asus Eee 900 webcam driver

Using applications, configuring, problems
n0ukf

#16 Post by n0ukf »

Apparently the bios doesn't show the camera unless it sees one connected, because I never saw that line before.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." [i]Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen[/i]

tempestuous

#17 Post by tempestuous »

n0ukf wrote:Apparently the bios doesn't show the camera unless it sees one connected
... it may be related to the bios version of your 900A. I see 6 different bios versions on the ASUS website -
http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?S ... &p=30&s=20
You could do a bios upgrade, and check it out.

rokytnji

#18 Post by rokytnji »

Yeah, mine was
BIOS 0607
I am not sure if this will work anymore as Xandros 4 is outdated, but a usb install of old Xandros had a bios upgrade button
on the desktop. After install was done. If you want to try the isos are at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/eeecommunity/files/

They are not live isos so you will do a install. Then upgrade bios.
Then install the Puppy of choice over Xandros .

tempestuous

#19 Post by tempestuous »

rokytnji wrote:a usb install of old Xandros had a bios upgrade button on the desktop.
I've NEVER liked the idea of updating bios from a running operating system, be it Linux or Windows.
The Eee has a built-in bios-update feature which you can access at boot up, by pressing the ALT plus F2 keys simultaneously when the bios prompt appears.

Prior to this, copy your new bios update file onto a USB flash drive (might as well get the latest "1102" version), rename it to "900A.ROM", then plug the flash drive into the left side USB slot. The rest is self-explanatory, just make sure to not interrupt the power during the update, otherwise your Eee may die! So plug in your external power supply.