Where is ROX filer executable?

Using applications, configuring, problems
cipricus

Where is ROX filer executable?

#1 Post by cipricus »

By default ROX filer is not associated with opening files/folders from the Firefox download manager list.

That is, selecting a downloaded file and right clicking "Open containing folder" I am asked to associate the link with an application - a file manager in this case - Rox Filer. But where is its "executable" and how is it called?

Terryphi

Re: Where is ROX filer executable?

#2 Post by Terryphi »

cipricus wrote:By default ROX filer is not associated with opening files/folders from the Firefox download manager list.

That is, selecting a downloaded file and right clicking "Open containing folder" I am asked to associate the link with an application - a file manager in this case - Rox Filer. But where is its "executable" and how is it called?
/usr/local/bin/rox
[b]Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package[/b] for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, etc available[url=http://terryphillips.org.uk/operasfs.htm]here[/url] :)

npierce

#3 Post by npierce »

If Firefox passes filenames the same way that SeaMonkey does, your next question might be: Why does rox report "File doesn't exist, or I can't access it: file:///tmp/"?

That's because the filename is passed as a URI beginning with "file://" which rox doesn't understand unless you use the -U option.

You could write a short wrapper script to handle that, or you can use the /usr/local/bin/xdg-open script, which is probably already in your Puppy.

cipricus

solved it

#4 Post by cipricus »

this worked:

/usr/local/bin/xdg-open

but `/usr/local/bin/rox`did not