Question about WineASIO

Using applications, configuring, problems
mini-jaguar

Question about WineASIO

#1 Post by mini-jaguar »

Is there a very simple way to install WineASIO? Something like taking one file and just putting it in a folder?

I just want to run a simple host like SAVIHost or Tobybear MiniHost, something that just has one plug in, and simply sequence it from external hardware MIDI.

GustavoYz

#2 Post by GustavoYz »

Get the wineasio.dll.so (or compile it), then move it to the wine libs folder (/usr/lib/wine or different prefix). After that, update the registry like this:

Code: Select all

regsvr32 wineasio.dll
It should work, even without last step, but run the host application from the terminal to see the warnings, errors, information... if any.

mini-jaguar

#3 Post by mini-jaguar »

Did you just get that info from another page on the internet without even trying it?

Have to point out that if I download wineasio there is no wineasio.dll, nor is there a wine.dll.so file. There is a wine.dll.spec file, but if I change the extension to .so it doesn't work.

GustavoYz

#4 Post by GustavoYz »

I have wineasio up and running that way in LHP 64.
It just needs the wineasio.dll.so in the path and update the registry. The package is a source code, so you should compile it, and for that, will need a header file that has restrictive license (Steinberg's asio.h).
I was trying to help you out. :?
Anyway, goodluck.

mini-jaguar

#5 Post by mini-jaguar »

Thanks, but I don't know how to compile. :cry:

But I guess I can make a .pet request in the correct forum. :)