Pagekite pet

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
efiabruni

Pagekite pet

#1 Post by efiabruni »

I have been using pagekite for over a year now to use my puppy as a web-server and finally made a pet out of it.

How does it work?
From the official web-site:
the PageKite back-end configures DNS for your server and establishes communication with our global pool of front-end relays. These relays have public IP addresses and are visible on the global Internet, which makes it possible for them to accept incoming requests on your server's behalf. These requests get forwarded (proxied) over the tunnel to your server, and any replies travel back the same way.

In technical terms, it is a dynamic, tunneled reverse proxy.
It has python 2.7+ as dependencies.
I added a launch-script and Menu entry as well as a start up script in /root/Startup, which automatically starts pagekite as a daemon if there is an internet connection (to use make executable) and writes a logfile in /var/log/pagekite. This is useful if one wants to run pagekite all the time (as I do)

Also check out mailpile from the same person :)
Pet for Precise 2.7.1 and Slacko 5.6:
Attachments
pagekite.pet
(153.14 KiB) Downloaded 429 times

efiabruni

pets for Lucid and Saluki

#2 Post by efiabruni »

tested in lupu-528.005 and in Saluki 23

works as described above
Attachments
pagekite_saluki.pet
for Saluki, needs python2.7 (in package manager)
(153.14 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
pagekite_lucid.pet
For Lucid Puppy, needs python2.6 (in package manager or devx.sfs)
(153.14 KiB) Downloaded 418 times

efiabruni

bug in /usr/bin/kite_start

#3 Post by efiabruni »

I noticed a bug in the /usr/bin/kite_start file of this package. When choosing to start hiawatha and pagekite it actually only started pagekite. Below is the fixed script, just unzip, replace and make executable.
It also exited immediately when there was an error, without giving time to actually read the error message, I changed that as well
Attachments
kite_start.gz
for all packages
(611 Bytes) Downloaded 266 times