Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 30 Jul 2014, 17:15
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Pidgin 2.10.9 - Build for Puppy 4.3.1 (and later)
Page 4 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
Makoto

PostPosted: Mon 28 Apr 2014, 03:19    Post subject:  

I'm currently trying to look into it (as I mentioned above, it hasn't been working for me, for a while).

Apparently, it may have something to do with a gnutls conflict... the only workaround I've seen so far, as mikeb has found, is to compile Pidgin using nss and NOT gnutls. The thing is, though, according to this email on the Pidgin devel list, not only do you have to recompile Pidgin, you also cannot have gnutls installed on your system (well, at least in the (lib)purple directories).

Since I can't guarantee everyone using these builds won't have gnutls installed or will uninstall it just for the sake of using Pidgin, I'm trying to see if there's another workaround.

mikeb

PostPosted: Mon 28 Apr 2014, 05:33    Post subject:  

hmm thats just saying make sure the gnutls plugin is not left around from a previous build.

I have libgnutls (for what its worth now) around but not the plugin and it works like that and I just used the config parameter to disable it so no workaround needed ...load sfs and run in my case.

Trickeist part is making sure the nss dev files are ok. I still had what I needed from bulding gnome-mplayer. Puppy includes mozilla/ff in the path which helps when running.

mike
bruno

PostPosted: Sun 29 Jun 2014, 14:41    Post subject:  

I'm still using Pidgin 2.10.6 on Dpup Exprimo 3.4.2.10, and it's working perfect. Gtalk, MS Live and Yahoo messengers all working normally.
bruno

PostPosted: Tue 01 Jul 2014, 08:02    Post subject:  

On Dpup Exprimo 3.6.2.1 I still had Pidgin 2.10.7, but that also did't work with Yahoo any more. Since 2.10.6 seems to be the working version, maybe somebody still has that pet?
I tried the SFS of 2.10.6 for Slacko, but that didn't start up at all on Exprimo
Makoto

PostPosted: Wed 02 Jul 2014, 04:10    Post subject:  

Well, datafilehost no longer has the original download (not that I expected them to still have it up, anyway), but I've re-uploaded it.

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/0e2146a3

This is the 2.10.6 .pet only. I don't know if it'll only work with the older version of gnutls I used to compile against, though.

bruno

PostPosted: Wed 02 Jul 2014, 06:17    Post subject:  

Thanks Makoto,
I tried the 2.10.6 pet on Dpup Exprimo 3.6.2.1, but Yahoo still doesn't work.
It sais input/output error.
Strange
Page 4 of 4 [51 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: