How high speed can cardreader for Asus eee 1000he do?

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
kattami

How high speed can cardreader for Asus eee 1000he do?

#1 Post by kattami »

Hi.

I dont know where to place this question, because I am using puppylinux every day on my laptop and I have of course used Lucid puppy with wine to test some SD cards I just got from ebay.

But since this is about how to find out how high speed the cardreader in this laptop is able to do, I put it in here.

The SD cards is supposed to do 95 Mb/s. They are, according to the auction, genuine Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 Mb/s 16 Gb cards.

But when I tested the cards with the program H2testw, they was only able to do around 18 Mb/s.

Now the seller say I must try a pc or cardreader with USB 3.0 to test the speed.

Huh? How come, when my old Sandisk Extreme III card is actually able to do 20 Mb/s (I did test that one too yesterday).

I therefore need to find out if the cardreader actually has a problem with these Extreme Pro 95 Mb/s, but after a few searches in google I've still not found any info about the inbuilt cardreader for Asus eee 1000he.

Oh and by the way, another thing Ive tried to look everywhere in this forum and also through google...

Did anyone try to install the program F3 by digirati in puppylinux? Or do anyone know how to install it?

Its on this site: http://oss.digirati.com.br/f3/

I would rather use a program for linux than the H2testw through wine. Especially since you may be able to fix the bad cards yourself with the F3 program.

If someone would try to pack this program for puppylinux, please make one for Lucid puppy 5.2.8. Its the one I use right now....

amigo

#2 Post by amigo »

The card will certainly not be able to achieve faster throughput than the reader is capable of.

kattami

#3 Post by kattami »

I know.

But I think its weird that the extreme pro cards didnt get more than around 18 Mb/s when my extreme III card came up to 20 Mb/s?

Only difference between these two was 16 Gb (the extreme pro) and 2 Gb (extreme III). Which means the Sandisk Extreme III was correct speed.

Thats why I need to know how high speed the Asus eee 1000he card reader is capable of.

Been looking in google for anywhere where they sell parts for this laptop. Found one place, but they had no card reader replacement...