[Frugal Precise 5.7.1] Wifi stopped working.

Using applications, configuring, problems
YoutIndia

[Frugal Precise 5.7.1] Wifi stopped working.

#1 Post by YoutIndia »

I don't know what happened, but when I booted up my computer yesterday, then the Wifi was not working. It was working fine for like about a month and gave me no problems whatsoever uptil now.

When I click in the "wlan0" button in the SNS, then it detects the Access points but just after that the Wifi indicator light turns off in my laptop.

The SNS error log can be found here at http://paste.ubuntu.com/6836293/

I reckon it is some problem with the wifi driver that is suddenly causing issues.

The fact that is catches all the wireless access points available and then Wifi just turns off in my laptop indicated that there might be something broken in my OS, maybe the Wifi driver.

Any help would be appreciated.

watchdog

#2 Post by watchdog »

Try to connect by Frisbee or Dougal's Network wizard (Menu-Setup-Internet connection wizard-Wired or wireless lan...).

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

This is a full install on a hard disk drive?

YoutIndia

#4 Post by YoutIndia »

Nope, none of the tools are working to connect to the Internet. While scanning wifi networks the adapter gets turned on (indicated by the lights), but as soon as scanning is over the Wifi indicator LED turns off and it does not get on even when I try to connect.

It is like Wifi adapter works only when scanning, after that it does not work. I have tried all the 3 tools on Puppy and they all show similar behavior.

And I am on a frugal install of Precise 5.7.1

YoutIndia

#5 Post by YoutIndia »

Another thing :

When I tried loading Puppy linux without savefile that is in its default state, then the Wifi connected without problems indicating that something might be broken in my savefile.

The question is how to determine that what is breaking my wifi?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#6 Post by Flash »

This problem has come up many times in the forum. I haven't followed those discussions because I don't use wireless, but I'm pretty sure the problem has been solved many times. Have you looked in the Wireless section to see if maybe it has been solved before?