Is there a Coreldraw alternative for Bionicpup64?

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
gabtech

Is there a Coreldraw alternative for Bionicpup64?

#1 Post by gabtech »

Which program in puppy works as well as coreldraw?

6502coder

#2 Post by 6502coder »

Inkscape is the standard vector-graphics program in Puppy. Whether it is "as good as CorelDraw" is a matter of opinion. If you want more specific advice, tell us what specific features you need/want. I suggest you try Inkscape, and then tell us where it falls short of your requirements.

gabtech

coreldraw alternative in puppy

#3 Post by gabtech »

I need a graphic designing program which works in Bionicpup64.

rockedge

#4 Post by rockedge »

hello gabtech

FreeCAD_0.18.15780.glibc2.17-x86_64.AppImage works on Bionic64 very well.

https://www.linux-apps.com/p/1168907/st ... =235736168

download, place it somewhere, make it executable and click on it ...should start right up.

Puppyt

#5 Post by Puppyt »

gabtech I'm currently in BionicPup64 as well, and I *would* normally recommend Inkscape for the job you require. BionicPup64 may - like many other Puplets - come standard with 'InkscapeLite' which never cuts the mustard for what I require so I automatically delete it and replace it with the "full" Inkscape version available.
However. While I can download and install inkscape_0.92.3-1 from Bionic's PPM, it is not only outdated but also seems to work only immediately after install. Once closed and re-opened I get a "libinkscape_base.so" missing library error. I don't currently have the time to work out this issue so will have to revert back to a 32-bit Puppy to do my vector work. I hope that your experience is more positive than mine - I suggest you try it for yourself?
HTH
Search engines for Puppy
[url]http://puppylinux.us/psearch.html[/url]; [url=https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643981050743583%3Aabvzbibgzxo&q=#gsc.tab=0]Google Custom Search[/url]; [url]http://wellminded.net63.net/[/url] others TBA...

Mike Walsh

#6 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ gabtech:-
gabtech wrote:I need a graphic designing program which works in Bionicpup64.
Umm......yeah. O-kay. Well, I doubt you'll get much in the way of specific advice with a statement like that. It's on a par with stating "I need a car".....and then expecting everyone to read your mind as to what you want it for.

'Graphic design' is a very long-standing hobby of mine. As such, I'm aware of the huge range of activities that it encompasses, and there must be thousands of applications out there, across multiple platforms, that cater to all those different activities. So; a bit more detail wouldn't hurt, please.

What do you yourself want to do with this 'graphic designing software', hm? Posters? Cartoons? Drawing? Animations? 'Serious' design work?

There's plenty of Linux programs out there that will do what you want, though you may have to utilise more than one to achieve what you want. This much I can tell you from experience; although a lot of Windows stuff will run quite well under WINE, Corel's family of products don't come under that particular umbrella. They simply won't RUN under WINE. Period.

Need more information..!

(To give you some idea, take a look at my signature below. The background layout was achieved with a Windows app called PhotoScape, running under WINE. The 'info panel' was sourced, and created, online. And the finished product was achieved by 'embedding' the animated GIF of the info panel within the 'static' PNG image of the background.....using the GIMP.)

Mike. :wink:

bigpup

#7 Post by bigpup »

menu>Document>Get LibreOffice

You get the complete LibreOffice package of programs.

LibreOffice Draw is one of them.

Maybe that is what you want.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)