no sound

Booting, installing, newbie
Mar1ez

no sound

#1 Post by Mar1ez »

1. what build of puppy, ie precise....what? Puppy precise 5.4.3 from http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20L ... elease.htm

2. what computer details? What computer details, I do not know where to find them.
3. where did you download, what was the checksum? http://puppylinux.org/main/Download%20L ... elease.htm I do not know what a checksum is.
4. record EXACTLY what you have done and the results you got
I put the cd in the drive and boot, the boot screen will gave me options at the word 'boot:'

I pressed f2 I typed 'puppy pfix=ram' and this will load into ram only without a save file if you had one

I had to reinstall everything and re do the Internet connection that took me a long time to do. the sound worked, it asked me to re-boot I did so without saving, and now the sound does not work again.

Mar1ez

I think these are the computer specs

#2 Post by Mar1ez »

the computer is 32 bit operating system, windows vista 2007, service pack2, HP pavilion dv9000,
it has AMD athlon 64X2dual, Memory Ram 1GB, the audio is conexant high def audio

I do not know what other information to find. :oops:

ally

#3 Post by ally »

to make sure the download was ok

navigate to the folder with the precise iso file in it

right click > window > terminal here

this will open a terminal, enter the command 'md5sum precise-5.4.3.iso'

it will then spit out a long series of digits, it should read the same as this:

md5sum = 3a250ffc516d72d37f1644b7373047fe

if it doesn't then you have a bad download

the fact that sound worked and stopped is odd, had a similar thing once with a dirty lens on the cdrom

over to others with more tech knowledge

:)

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

Marlez, please don't start several threads about the same problem. Here's the original thread about your sound problem. Please continue this discussion there. Thanks.