Menu and panel configuration in Slacko

Using applications, configuring, problems
witekjeden

Menu and panel configuration in Slacko

#1 Post by witekjeden »

Hi. Please help me with some configuration problems in Slacko5.4.
1.How to downgrade old looking menu in Slacko5.4 (like menu in other Puppies)? A new menu is not quite good for me.
2.There are 4 desktops (in 2 lines) on the panel. I need only 3 desktops but in 1 line. How configure it?

witekjeden

#2 Post by witekjeden »

Hi, a problem with panel was solved. I was navigate into /root/.jwm and opened jwmrc-personal file as text. Then find a sequence:

<Desktops width="4" height="2"/>

and modify it.

<Desktops width="3" height="1"/>

Now my panel in Slacko5.4 looks great! Like in Wary. So this problem fixed.
But still don't know how to modyfi the menu. I know it must be something with a file /root/.jwmrc ,because after copy that file from Slacko5.3.1, the menu looks better. If anyone know how to modyfi that file to run the menu in Slacko5.4 looks like in Slacko5.3.1, help me please. I want make this change because in new look menu not working polish langpack.

SFR

Re: Menu and panel configuration in Slacko

#3 Post by SFR »

witekjeden wrote:1.How to downgrade old looking menu in Slacko5.4 (like menu in other Puppies)? A new menu is not quite good for me.
Hey Witek

You mean to get rid of submenus?
If so, it's /root/.jwm/JWMRC, first line with SUBMENU="0"
Just change it to SUBMENU=""
then open terminal window and type: fixmenus

Also, it's worth to try the latest beta, which has lots of fixes and updated apps, and the menus are expanded by default.

Pozdrawiam! / Greetings!
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]

witekjeden

#4 Post by witekjeden »

Yes, it was that! Polish langpack not working in menu but the menu looks ok for me. Thanks for that!
I will to try a new beta too. it's a very good information about more configurable JWM. I hope it must be a great job.
Regards.