minicom -- gtktrem

Using applications, configuring, problems
jim nagel

minicom -- gtktrem

#1 Post by jim nagel »

both of these programs are not there - whats up ? updated puppy package several times and they are gone. gotta have them or at least one of them .

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Whether Slacko, Precise or Lucid- Minicom's there! Your other, gtktrem- a typo?
Attachments
minicom.jpg
(8.25 KiB) Downloaded 312 times

jim nagel

cant find either one through puppy though

#3 Post by jim nagel »

i think there was a secondary point and a question in my post. WHERE HAVE THEY GONE AND WHY ? and yes i was clever enough to have downloaded a tarball already. am trying to convince my boss that linux is worthwhile enough to use for router maintenance. little things like this do not help in the least. as for the typo comment. your kidding right ?

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Pardon me Jim- I didn't realize. Must'a been a wrong number.. Term, not trem!

jim nagel

so you have no answer then ?

#5 Post by jim nagel »

they have both vanished from the puppy package manager. at least for now. wonder whats up. one of the biggest reasons i rarely go to forums - always a smart as geekoid coming out of the shadows needing to flex his what ever

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

If you say so Jim.. Hey, and for what it's worth, I'd boot live and replace my petget directory- they're both there.

666philb

#7 Post by 666philb »

both are in the precise PPM for me..... after you updated , did you restart the PPM?
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

jim nagel

same old thing

#8 Post by jim nagel »

just moved on to different linux distros - did all you said and ran into the same thing on almost every one - a bit different each time - but always wound up with the red box saying it wasnt found. mysteriously one machine worked and found everything i needed but the next 4-5 times it did the same thing. simply not interested in it anymore. not into geek squad mysteries at all

jim nagel

closer to understanding the issue

#9 Post by jim nagel »

tried 4 more identical machines - same issue - would find a few things in PPM but others simply would not. updating the repos seemed to go fine. files were there. software was listed in the files. PPM simply was not reading the updated files somehow . checked all permissions and all that stuff. no worky. these were all k8t neo motherboards. tried it on 2 ~3-4 year old centrino laptops and worked like a charm. now that i have seen this i wont pursue it any more. will just avoid even trying those pc's.