Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 01 Oct 2014, 00:20
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
Partimus Gift and Puppy's Participation
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
Sky Aisling

PostPosted: Fri 08 Mar 2013, 14:52    Post subject:  Partimus Gift and Puppy's Participation
Subject description: Thank you

A couple of years ago, I was gifted a fine computer by the Partimus foundation. I’ve been grateful ever since for the machine. I believe strongly in the speading the word about open source software and Puppy Linux. As a hobby I collect old laptops, clean them up, put a Puppy on them then give them to low-income people. This forum is invaluable in helping me sort these old machines out.

Recently I wrote a thank you note to Partimus for their gift to me. Here is the text of that letter.

Dear Partimus,

Two years ago in March of 2011, you graciously gifted me with a beautiful ZaReason laptop through the efforts of Cathy Malmrose of ZaReason Computers.
I am writing today to catch you up on what I have done with the much appreciated machine.

Since March of 2011, I have collected through donations over a dozen old laptops. I clean them up, put a Linux OS on them and then give them either to low-income people who need to search for employment and/or housing or I give them to low-income “tech-adverse” seniors.

The machine you gifted to me is perfect for the job. I normally put a Puppy-Linux OS (Lucid family) on the donated machines. Often times the laptops are missing hard drives. I am able to make live CD’s and live USB sticks with the ZaReason Big Lap because if it’s many ports.

I use Puppy Linux for the operating system as it runs well and fast on old laptops. And, Puppy can be easily customized to suit the user. For example, when I set up a machine for “tech-adverse” seniors, I put two big buttons on the desktop. One says, “browse the internet here”, the other button says, “get your email here”. Works every time.

I am grateful to Partimus, Barry Kauler, the creator of Puppy Linux and to the John Murga Puppy Linux forum for providing resources and good humor in this endeavor.

If anyone has any questions about how I go about doing this, please do contact me. This small effort to further the Open Source community is most rewarding.

Sincerely,

Sky Aisling
Port Townsend, WA. USA
p310don

PostPosted: Fri 08 Mar 2013, 18:52    Post subject:  

Nice work Sky.
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Puppy Power
Jump to: