PeasyGlue

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
rcrsn51

#16 Post by rcrsn51 »

PeasyGlue v1.7 is posted above. It removes the Aspect button and only shows that information if you make a pattern.

charlie6

#17 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Bill,
rcrsn51 wrote: ...I recognize that the Aspect feature is not much value to an A4 user like yourself. Maybe I should remove the confusing Aspect button and only show that information after making a pattern.

I'm curious. In Europe is photo paper still 4x6, or do you buy a metric version?
Bill
Having the above explanations about the «Aspect» button, i believe version 1.6 could be kept as is .... so...thanks for version 1.7 :D

Digging a bit about photo paper size, in Belgium at least, we use 10x15cm as nominal sizes (4x6 inches = 101,6x152,4mm; and measured on some Kodak paper pictures: 101,5x149mm; and 102x150mm on a Fuji print paper; ...token account of production tolerances I believe we also have 4x6 inches here in Europe)
Cheers, Charlie

rcrsn51

#18 Post by rcrsn51 »

charlie6 wrote:Digging a bit about photo paper size, in Belgium at least, we use 10x15cm as nominal sizes (4x6 inches = 101,6x152,4mm; and measured on some Kodak paper pictures: 101,5x149mm; and 102x150mm on a Fuji print paper; ...token account of production tolerances I believe we also have 4x6 inches here in Europe)
Interesting. In North America, the next largest photo size is 5x7. What would you call this in Belgium?

I checked in RPhoto for an aspect ratio that matched Letter sized paper, but there wasn't anything close. However, there is a 13:9 ratio that I believe would be close to A4.

charlie6

#19 Post by charlie6 »

rcrsn51 wrote:...In North America, the next largest photo size is 5x7. What would you call this in Belgium?
here are some currently used formats in photo shops and their respective conversion:

Format
10 x 15 cm = 4x6 inch
11,4 x 15 cm= 4,5x6 inch
13 x 19 cm = 5,1x7,5 inch
15 x 20 cm = 6x7,8 inch
20 x 30 cm = 7,9x11,8 inch

A4 is 210x297mm = 21x29,7cm
Letter is 8.5x11 inches (216 mm x 279 mm »-> 279; not 297 :) )

rcrsn51

#20 Post by rcrsn51 »

I went into the RPhoto configuration file /root/.RPhoto and manually added a ratio for Letter paper.

Code: Select all

RatioList=........|22:17 (Letter)
Now before printing in PeasyPrint, I can bring up a graphic in RPhoto and compare its aspect ratio against a Letter sheet of paper. So I can visually determine how to scale it - by width or height.

This makes the PeasyGlue Aspect feature redundant.

greengeek

#21 Post by greengeek »

Excellent utility. Just used it to combine some pictures for an auction website. Quick and easy. Thank you!

Pelo

PeasyGlue accepted

#22 Post by Pelo »

PeasyGlue accepted, it makes the job. useful !
Attachments
peasyGlue.jpg
unexpensive pendrives but which do the job 4GB
(51.46 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
Last edited by Pelo on Sun 11 Jan 2015, 04:44, edited 1 time in total.

anikin

#23 Post by anikin »

rcrsn51,
Works fine in Debian too. http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 622#787622
One little thing though, I'd like to ask to be changed. There's too much air between the images glued with space. 1/3, or even 1/4 of the current space width will be enough, I think. The reduction will add a touch of elegance to the final image and save space on the screen.

Thank you for your work.
Attachments
result.jpg
(29.29 KiB) Downloaded 495 times

rcrsn51

#24 Post by rcrsn51 »

The spacing is a fixed number of pixels (32). So its apparent size is relative to the images you are gluing together. If you put the spacing between two hi-res JPEG photos, it is a very narrow band.

Trying to implement variable spacing would be more work than I want to do.

If you want to change it yourself, look at the file /usr/local/lib/X11/mini-icons/spacer.pnm.

1. Open the file in mtPaint.
2. Shrink it.
3. Save it as a PNG.
4. Run pngtopnm < spacer.png > spacer.pnm

rcrsn51

#25 Post by rcrsn51 »

@anikin: See v1.8 posted above. See the Update note.

Note to translators: There are some new phrases.

saintless

#26 Post by saintless »

Thank you! Download link for Peasyglue 1.8 debian package in case someone need it.
http://smokey01.com/saintless/Fredx181/ ... 8_i386.deb
To keep the size small only needed dependencies from wheezy included inside. Tested in DebianDog only but it should work on any debian system this way without installing anything extra.

Pelo

Application to fit two pictures (or more ) together

#27 Post by Pelo »

peasyglue now inscluded as default in some Puppies.
What i am looking for is a Puppy application to fit two pictures (or more ) together (Vue panoramique)

Pelo

No feedback about peasyglue.

#28 Post by Pelo »

No feedback about peasyglue. Peasyglue is more for printing than editing. A perfect tool or nobody use it ? I worry about Puppy Linux usage again, only a training os for a dozen Linux learners ?

greengeek

Re: Application to fit two pictures (or more ) together

#29 Post by greengeek »

Pelo wrote:peasyglue now inscluded as default in some Puppies.
What i am looking for is a Puppy application to fit two pictures (or more ) together (Vue panoramique)
Hi Pelo - in what way does peasyglue fail to "fit two pictures (or more) together"?

Just join the first two pics side by side, then add more if required. Or are you trying to join large numbers of pics together?

Pelo

I need more precise adjustment

#30 Post by Pelo »

You can make them fit together on by the top the middle or the bottom.
I need more precise adjustment the house roof for instance will be the point ( the roof is on both pictures of course)
Inklite is not bad, but does not record as Jpeg or PNG. Inklite is very good. In fact.
But viewnior could do very eayly the job if we could not show the borders. Then you had only to align two pictures on desktop at your convenience..
In french we call that 'panoramique'
Attachments
carcassonne_pfo.jpg
Two pictures joined together
(93.78 KiB) Downloaded 197 times

greengeek

Re: I need more precise adjustment

#31 Post by greengeek »

Pelo wrote:But viewnior could do very eayly the job if we could not show the borders. Then you had only to align two pictures on desktop at your convenience..In french we call that 'panoramique'
OK, I understand now. I see what you mean about viewnior. I remember reading somewhere about how to set the border characteristics of a window - you could change the roundedness of the corners and I think also remove borders. I do not remember where it was but will post back if I find it.

You may also want to consider a program called "Mashup". It is very handy for gluing photos together - although it has one problem that I have not solved yet. When I bring photos of different sizes in to the program it resizes the smaller one so the imges no longer overlap correctly. This is not a problem if working with photos that come from the same camera. (mostly a problem if using two images cropped from different parts of the same original.

EDIT : Oh, I see you have already tried Mashup but with crashes. I use it ok on Slacko 5.6
link here

EDIT2 :
Pelo wrote:Inklite is not bad, but does not record as Jpeg or PNG. Inklite is very good. In fact.
Did you try the "file, export" function? I imported two .png files then joined them, then exported them and it produced a png file output. (When using export bitmap function use the "drawing" tab rather than "page" or "selection")

rcrsn51

#32 Post by rcrsn51 »

To build panoramic images, see here.

Billtoo

PeasyGlue

#33 Post by Billtoo »

Hi rcrsn51

I noticed your peasy glue utility in my 32bit Slacko 14.2 install.
I gave it a try with my dual monitor setup, it works great.
I now have a different background on each monitor after using it with 2 1920x1080
jpg files.

Thanks.

B.K. Johnson

#34 Post by B.K. Johnson »

@rcrsn51
When my selection of files to be 'glued' are 6 levels deep, PeasyGlue does not work. :cry:
After clicking the Glue button, I get the window in snapshot-1 repeated 12 times eventually getting snapshot-2 and then a blank Glue dialogbox which has to be killed (close does not work).

The same files when placed in /root are glued perfectly, even allowing me to saved the output file in a directory 6 levels deep.

However, a couple comments for your consideration:
1. "Save the glued image to this file", suggesrs that the user enter a file name below, "Browse and enter the glued image filename" is clearer IMHO.
2. The extension for the selected graphic format has to be manually appended, although I have chosen one.
Attachments
snapshot-1.png
displayed and OK'd 12 times
(32.6 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
snapshot-2.png
states it is gluing but is not
(33.06 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
snapshot-3.png
dialogbox before going blankm needing to be 'killed'.
(26.92 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
[color=blue]B.K. Johnson
tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM[/color]

rcrsn51

#35 Post by rcrsn51 »

From the main notes:
Please note that PeasyGlue can NOT process filenames or paths that contain spaces.

Also, you should update to v2.0. It puts the default filename /root/out.jpg in the "Save to" box.