closing jwm windows in slacko5.5-PAE [solved]

Please post any bugs you have found
xophist

closing jwm windows in slacko5.5-PAE [solved]

#1 Post by xophist »

FORUM ADMIN:

Please delete this post, it was meant for the Slacko5.5 feedback thread. I've copied this post to there. Thank you.

EDIT: since this might not be removed, at least I should change the title to be more specific.

EDIT: thanks to anikin for the info:
This is a feature, not a bug!

This post should be deleted. It belongs in the slacko5.5 thread.

A trivial issue with slacko5.5-PAE (no user changes made after bootup), not seen in slacko5.4-PAE:

When closing a window, as the arrow cursor nears the "x" in the upper right of the window frame, the arrow changes to a rectangle. This is not desirable, but is a very minor issue.

Has anyone else notice this? Is there a way to stop the change in cursor indicator, i.e. to revert to the jwm behavior in slacko5.4-PAE?

scsijon

#2 Post by scsijon »

while it's still here, the 'problem' was that by jwm changing cursors from internal fixed size bitmaps to using the x11 default cursor set, they will now always size to the desktop, whether on a laptop or a display wall.

Some are unhappy and others think it a good idea as it now ensures that you know that the buttons are 'live'. You can always change the x11 set if needed as mentioned here.http://joewing.net/projects/jwm/cursors.shtml.