Internet Dating

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
Bruce B

Internet Dating

#1 Post by Bruce B »

I recently started using the Internet Dating services to meet women. The idea for this started from nooby's topics.

I've had about twelve dates in the last two months with women I prescreened for a few things, especially physical attractiveness when possible and with honest recent photos it is possible.

I spoke a little about dating in a topic p310don started called: Girlfriend / Money Issues.

Then I thought to start this topic. I think we will find it interesting and educational.

With this new one I'm skeptical.

I thought her seduction inappropiate so I wrote the following.
Me 2 her wrote:I'll read your letter with more attention tomorrow when I'm awake.

Please remember what I wrote to you. Also, please note that we are not on the same page at this time.

I am not married

I do not have a girlfriend

But there is a woman I have dated one time. I want to see her again. I am not going steady with her and have no obligation considering I've only seen her one time and we have not yet even held hands or kissed.

However, I am a very exclusive man. Due to the fact that I intend to see her again, I don't want to write romantically to another woman. I could hurt someone if I did such.
Here are the summary words of her second letter:
Her 2 me wrote:. . . that I have faced and I am not ready to be gamed, this time, I need to be very very careful of whom i will go out with or date this time. I will need some words from you, which will prove to me about your interest me and what exactly you want out of our relationship. I am very eager to have a date now,

since i would be coming back to the united State as soon as possible you want me to, provided you will treat me in an orderly manner.

Well, let me hang on here till I hear from you. I hope you will understand my situation at this time and I hope you will come to my rescue and be of whom i expect you to be. I really need to be Loved because I really deserved it and I need a man that would always be there for me, who will be like a father and husband to me,i will reciprocate true LOVE as well.

~~

Bruce B

#2 Post by Bruce B »

Me 2 her wrote:
She wrote wrote:
  • . . . that I have faced and I am not ready to be gamed, this time, I need to be very very careful of whom i will go out with or date this time. I will need some words from you, which will prove to me about your interest me and what exactly you want out of our relationship. I am very eager to have a date now,

since i would be coming back to the united State as soon as possible you want me to, provided you will treat me in an orderly manner.

Well, let me hang on here till I hear from you. I hope you will understand my situation at this time and I hope you will come to my rescue and be of whom i expect you to be. I really need to be Loved because I really deserved it and I need a man that would always be there for me, who will be like a father and husband to me,i will reciprocate true LOVE as well.
Hi (her name),

I hope this letter finds you well. The last words of your email sums things up pretty good.

You say you need to be very, very careful. Considering what the those men did to you, I should say so.

Even though you know you need to be careful, by your letter, I don't think you are being careful about me. You haven't asked about my body art or even what biker club I belong to. Just kidding, but I hope to impress on you that you actually need to be careful and look before you leap. Would you argue that with me?

I suggest if you wish to continue a correspondence that you demonstrate yourself as a prudent and careful woman because you really do need to be careful as you yourself knows.

(1) I can't prove to you my interest in you save by the few words I've written, which are not designed to prove anything.

(2) I can understand your eagerness to have a date NOW. (sincerely)

(3) A date with a stranger to my way of thinking would be along the lines of meeting her in a public setting for a drink and/or dinner. And being somewhat careful and having my own interests at stake I won't drink any Love Potion Number Nine.

(4) About coming to your rescue ? ? ? I'm not in a position to even have romantic intentions with you because, if for no other reason, I have set my intentions elsewhere a few days before you wrote me. (sorry)

(5) Even if I split my intentions between two women, the odds are against you. She is a few minutes away and I don't even know where in the world you are.

Apart from my own interests, I'm watching out for yours, especially to the extent that I don't want have any part in hurting someone's hopes and desires and misusing their time and emotions.

Apart from that feel free to correspond if you want, but it must be with understanding that there are present time limitations on my end and maybe all I have to offer is words via email. And maybe a little of that fatherly stuff you mentioned.

Kind regards,

my name

Bruce B

#3 Post by Bruce B »

There are good people on the Internet to be sure. This is how we meet each other.

There might be some kinds of stigma involved in using the Internet to meet people face to face.

But really folks you don't need to justify success.

So what if you find a woman fifteen years younger and she doesn't even have a wrinkle.

jpeps

#4 Post by jpeps »

Yet another disaster unfolding. I think you'd do far better dating Nooby.

Bruce B

#5 Post by Bruce B »

jpeps wrote:Yet another disaster unfolding. I think you'd do far better dating Nooby.
I'd rather date Nooby than a Swedish Female, that's for sure. Why is Nooby better than a Swedish Female? For one: Nooby wouldn't have me arrested for rape if I shook his hand or exchanged a hug.

About "another disaster unfolding", I started topic in the hopes we would find it interesting and educational.

We could be witnessing a train wreck in slow motion or many train wrecks. I don't know any more about what will happen next than the next guy.

Any one of these women could drug me and steal my kidneys. If something like that happens, I won't be posting on this thread. If the lights go out, there may be a logical explanation for it.

~~

linuxcbon

#6 Post by linuxcbon »

Yeah blind dating , why not. Why not date random people now, we'll get to it soon enough.

infromthepound

#7 Post by infromthepound »

linuxcbon wrote:Yeah blind dating , why not. Why not date random people now, we'll get to it soon enough.
When people say "Blind dating" expect to take your guide Puppy and a white stick.
JB

linuxcbon

#8 Post by linuxcbon »

infromthepound wrote:When people say "Blind dating" expect to take your guide Puppy and a white stick.
JB
I got both, don't ask me details... :shock:

Bruce B

#9 Post by Bruce B »

linuxcbon wrote:Yeah blind dating , why not.
Why not? Because you could get your feelings hurt on a blind date when you find out she thinks you are handsome, but her seeing eye dog thinks you're ugly.

Seriously . . .

In Internet dating there is a screening process. You get to see photos of her, and read what she says about herself and what she hopes to find. Then you can correspond, take it fast or take it easy. Then if everything looks good you can arrange a meeting.

As far as the woman above. I think that is all she wrote. I didn't date her or want to. It wasn't fun for me, in order to reply to her, which I don't have to do, I had to organize some thoughts and type them out.

But it was a lot more fun than having flame wars on forums.
Why not date random people now, we'll get to it soon enough.
Maybe they will get around dating random people, something like Spin the Bottle like we used to do when life was fun. Anyone could be kissed by someone of the other gender.

You did bring a smile to my face as I remembered my family of origin. No one selected anyone. I think the adults indulged in sex and random babies started popping out.

Anyway, I live in LA and out here if you did what was expected you leaned so far left you fell into the abyss. Once in the abyss you dance with the bride and the groom just to make sure you danced with the bride. In some cases there is no way to guess who is who. Also one can't know for sure who might be sporting what kind of hardware. Unless you inspect the chassis or get someone else to do the inspection. Goodness, I don't know.

About the only suggestion I can think of right now is when you meet a woman pass a glance under her chin and look for traces of an adams apple. And I'm not sure that is very exacting science when considering all the gender combinations in the market place these days.

As far as the lady in the emails above, she was different than the others, she certainly thinks she is woman but doesn't think she is a princess like many do. She thinks she is a Queen. I took it has her giving me a clue about something she didn't want to describe in detail.

There was no date with her and there won't be. In a sense I think the Internet can serve as a buffer of mutual self-protection.

I discovered by reading this forum many of us are wanting, even needing more human companionship in our lives. It might be our own damned fault because some of us actually have spent to much time on the Internet. Junkies of some kind.

Maybe I'm also trying show practical ways that even Internet Addicts can use the Internet to solve some loneliness problems. We can meet people for pen pals, phone pals, meet people in our area face to face. And yes by all means, check out the photographs for attractiveness and meet her somewhere in order to see how the two dimensional photograph looks and feels in three dimensions. If it looks good to both parties of course they can decide to see each other again and again. Even plant the seed for a lasting relationship in hopes that the seed will take root and grow into something really worthwhile.

~~

linuxcbon

#10 Post by linuxcbon »

In a dating website, a woman receives 100s emails per day from hundreds of different men, what do you think she will do ? Choose the pretty face and the close location. That's all folks. Mystery solved.

Bruce B

#11 Post by Bruce B »

I think men typically out number the women about 2 1/2 to 1. That would vary from site to site. But the competition isn't as strong as the numbers make it appear.

The problem with the numbers is more along the lines so many men are crude idiots that many women have frequently become a bit defensive and skeptical.

Here is a sample, from a lady who really is kind and decent. A Southern Belle living in California wrote me this in reply to a mail I sent:

I will be seeking much more then you are looking for. The man that captures my heart will want more then a long term loving relationship. He will want substance and marriage to build a wonderful future together for our lifetime.

I wrote her back and told her that a long term loving relationship is 'til death do we part' to me. The word marriage doesn't roll off my tongue very easy. After that we became online friends.

I don't think the females get all that much email. I'll explain why. On a well designed site, their profile might tell how many times her photo has been viewed. I've seen figures as low as 60 times for a woman who has been advertising for a month. And of the 60 views 10 of them might be by me because I revisited her profile and reloaded the images 10 times. And she isn't likely to get more email than the number of times her photo has been viewed. Likely considerably less.

But expect bad experiences. You might wonder what you are doing wrong. Later, I learned maybe not much. I save my emails and as time passes I notice a pattern, many of the 'ladies' in my mailbox have been banned and removed for various reasons.

After seeing who got banned and removed, some of those bad experiences make more sense.

I also wonder why women from around the world have an interest in me. I'm a Caucasian American Male. Surely they know us American White Guys are accused and maybe guilty for about anything and everything that is wrong with the world. In the past, in the present and in the future. And here at home. I also think some Americans went into space and vandalized Mars.

~~

Bruce B

#12 Post by Bruce B »

linuxcbon wrote:In a dating website, a woman receives 100s emails per day from hundreds of different men, what do you think she will do ? Choose the pretty face and the close location. That's all folks. Mystery solved.
I've dated about twelve in about two months, maybe a little more. What would that be? About five or six per month. That's not right, seems impossible and it maybe would be except in a huge city such as Los Angeles and neighboring cities.

What I would find about impossible is counting on all the sites how many women are advertising in my area.

linuxcbon

#13 Post by linuxcbon »

Foreign women ? Green card. In LA, you have millions of single women. In a small city, you count them on one hand. :wink:

Bruce B

#14 Post by Bruce B »

As I understand it, this one is mortal danger because of this Afica guy who is chasing this innocent white American girl in Africa.

I'm in Nigeria West Africa please . . . help me due [sic] help me . . . just help me and my money out of this country when I come over [back to Indiana, USA] I can have my life back

I was suspicious of this one, so dug a little deeper for more facts. Google maps indicated that she is telling the truth, Nigeria is indeed on the west side of the African Continent.

I pulled back on the map to get a better perspective. I discovered, as I suspected, that I'm not strategically placed to help her. But she is in a perfect position to shoot him herself.

I saw Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark shoot a guy who was bothering him and it worked, the guy instantly stopped bothering him. Now that he was no longer being bothered by the swordsman, Harrison was freer to pursue more adventures and mis-adventures. It was my favorite scene of the movie.

I guess I best tell her what I'd do if I was in her position.

~~~

sickgut

#15 Post by sickgut »

i dated an ftp server for a return ping of 50ms or more. Then she went with the ftps protocol and a software firewall and so she closed her self off to the entire world and i no longer had access to her "port".

it was about as barbaric and using a chastity belt on a young maiden in 2003

i no longer know what domain she inhabits or what services she provides. she doesnt have an entry on ftpbook.com or sslbook.com or anything.

jpeps

#16 Post by jpeps »

sickgut wrote:
i no longer know what domain she inhabits or what services she provides. she doesnt have an entry on ftpbook.com or sslbook.com or anything.
You might try an RSS filter.