Problem with Bon Echo

Using applications, configuring, problems
dvmc

Problem with Bon Echo

#1 Post by dvmc »

Hi!

From time to time I have the problem with Bon Echo (Firefox), that the window content suddenly disappears. The only thing that remains is the window title, and the frame around the content. No menu, no adress bar, no tabs, etc. It all becomes transparent, and I can see my desktop. When I try to scroll inside the window, the workspaces switch. And when I try to close the browser, I'm asked if I'm sure to close all the open tabs.
So I have to kill the window, restore the session, and hope that the text field are also restored (which they luckily did).

I'm using Puppy version 4.2.1 and Bon Echo 2.0.0.7

Any ideas?

greengeek

#2 Post by greengeek »

Sounds a little similar to some of the strange things I get from time to time (and I think might be related to the software intermittently thinking I'm using "mouse gestures"). Usually I find I can get past these oddities by minimising/maximising the window or by right clicking the title bar and trying various options (shade etc) that I find there. I don't really understand why it happens, and I don't know if this relates to Bon Echo particularly but worth a try...

rokytnji

#3 Post by rokytnji »

Right click on taskbar unshade. Give it a try.

dvmc

#4 Post by dvmc »

(Sorry for the late reply.)

Thanks, I'll try to resize the window next time (shame on me I didn't try it earlier). Shade won't work for me, since I'm using JWM.

nitehawk

Re: Problem with Bon Echo

#5 Post by nitehawk »

dvmc wrote:Hi!

From time to time I have the problem with Bon Echo (Firefox), that the window content suddenly disappears. The only thing that remains is the window title, and the frame around the content. No menu, no adress bar, no tabs, etc. It all becomes transparent, and I can see my desktop. When I try to scroll inside the window, the workspaces switch. And when I try to close the browser, I'm asked if I'm sure to close all the open tabs.
So I have to kill the window, restore the session, and hope that the text field are also restored (which they luckily did).

I'm using Puppy version 4.2.1 and Bon Echo 2.0.0.7

Any ideas?
I have that problem a lot with the newer versions of Puppy and Seamonkey (as well as the older versions).
I usually just put my cursor up on the top window frame of the browser (that's showing up on top of your desktop....) and scroll the middle wheel on my mouse downward. Seems to work all the time for me.

BTW,...Puppy 421 ("DeepThought") is still one of my favorite Puppies. Bon Echo is a little bit out-of-date now, though. (But if it works for you,...why change?) :D

Monsie

Problem with Bon Echo

#6 Post by Monsie »

dvmc wrote:(Sorry for the late reply.)

Thanks, I'll try to resize the window next time (shame on me I didn't try it earlier). Shade won't work for me, since I'm using JWM.
This may have everything to do with JWM. Instead of right-clicking on the taskbar, (bottom panel on the desktop) right-click on the title bar of the affected window. If the window shade has accidently been enabled, you should see a menu item: unshade If so, click that setting and your application window will be restored.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.