Saving remaster settings in Precise Puppy

Using applications, configuring, problems
fresnofred

Saving remaster settings in Precise Puppy

#1 Post by fresnofred »

I want to save and add pupradio and radiotray urls and get rid of the bad ones in Radiotray..
I successfully remastered Puppy 5.5 with lots of nice programs including Radiotray, from a previous remaster (which also had the screensaver in my startup menu so it started at 2 minutes. I was even able to load pix and music to My Documents and they worked great in my remaster. Even the screensaver works. However, I tried adding the screensaver to my startup menu, by copying the executable script I had made into root/temp, or etc, I forgot which.
My previous remaster which I used to make the current one had a "save" file that had the correct URLs in Radiotray and a lot of new ones added to PupRadio, and as I said, configured for the screensaver to start up automatically after 2 mins. These changes did not show up in this current remaster. How can I save these changes to a new remaster??
Sorry for such a long post but I am trying to make clear what I want.

666philb

#2 Post by 666philb »

hi fresnofred,

i believe that radiotray keeps its settings in the hidden folder /root/.local/share/radiotray
other apps may use /root/.config and /root/.cache.

when remastering you get the option to add files to /root of the new puppy to be created. So just add /root/.local/share/radiotray to the /tmp/root when prompted
some people add the whole of /root if it's just for personal use, keeping all their settings. i prefer to just add the settings i need.
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

fresnofred

Saving settings in Remaster

#3 Post by fresnofred »

Thanks to 666philb for his reply to my previous posting. It really helped. I was indeed able to follow his instructions and made my perfect puplet, I guess u could say. I fixed all the radiotray URL errors and added a lot of my own and also added a lot to Pupradio. By copying his advised locations of these programs into /temp/root when prompted at the remaster script, I was successful. Also managed to insert a script into the root startup file in /temp/root and managed to have the xcreensaver startup after 10 minutes automatically.
The total size is 336 mb of the remaster and it takes 90 secs to load, but once loaded runs very fast and has lots of added programs such as Skype, VLC, Amule, Xine and lots of other nice and useful stuff.
PS: I used a previous remaster that had 2 save files that included fixes noted above and added programs.