Puppy's Year 3 - Pilgrimage to Singapore/ Note for Educators

Promote Puppy !
raffy

Puppy's Year 3 - Pilgrimage to Singapore/ Note for Educators

#1 Post by raffy »

Reproducing here my note to colleagues in Southeast Asia:

Please be informed that I will be in Singapore this coming week (June 12-19) and will be pleased to work with you in these exciting new areas made possible by Puppy Linux:

1. Multisession DVD - Puppy Linux has revolutionary multisession DVD-saving technology that can enable educators to equip both teachers and students with session-saving DVD for playing online/interactive content. No hard disk is required, only DVD burner drive and a large amount of RAM (512 MB and up). A scorm player that I prepared with RELOAD Player ( www.reload.ac.uk )and Puppy Linux (LodPup, see www.mypep.net ) lives up to this idea, although I still have to test it on DVD burner. While in Singapore, I will update and test it for DVD multisession.

2. Multisession CD with Puppy2 - While DVD saving offers a large storage space (4 GB) and 2000 saves, CD saving can offer only about 600 MB and limited saves. Nevertheless, for important digital work by students, this offers a hassle-free way of tracking student progress, as only a CD burner drive on existing PCs will be required. An example is giving every student a personal Puppy CD-R for examinations (useful for 3 or 4 times), where s/he saves creative work like sketches/essays, or backs up his/her online exams (just in case something goes wrong with the server).

A website, onepc.org, is expected to be up soon as resource for teachers/administrators preparing themselves/their institutions for the use of low-cost but modern computers in teaching. Your suggestions for and participation in this resource will be welcome. Thanks and see you.

Links: www.puppylinux.org | http://puppylinux.com/multi-puppy.htm

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#2 Post by Lobster »

Believe it or not Singapore is named after a MerLion (like a mermaid but half lion - I knew his sister - well I should not say knew after a menu item . . . Let us just say that was one big fish . . .)
:roll:

Good luck raffy. See if you can find a x86 compatible phone to run Puppy on in the markets . . .
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

raffy

Puppy Linux Adds Hope to Sandiwaan's One Million Youth

#3 Post by raffy »

News from the Inwent-sponsored conference in Manila: "Puppy Linux Adds Hope to Sandiwaan's One Million Youth".

See here and there (two locations to be sure :) )