lilypond for slacko?

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
geo_c

lilypond for slacko?

#1 Post by geo_c »

down this page a bit is a slackware package link for lilypond 2.14.2

Anyone know how to install this?

I ran lilypond on my windows os and thoroughly enjoyed creating a piece of sheet music through a text file.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I thought the point of Slacko was so you'd be able to run Slackware packages. If that's true, you could download the right one from this page (which I found in the link you gave) and run it directly. Probably you want the i686 version.

Let us know if that doesn't work.

geo_c

#3 Post by geo_c »

Flash wrote:I thought the point of Slacko was so you'd be able to run Slackware packages
yes, I thought so too, but I didn't know if I needed a .pet file. I'll give it a shot, but I actually installed the window .exe in wine and it's running great. I guess it couldn't hurt to have both!

thanks for the reply.

geo_c

the slackware package installed but

#4 Post by geo_c »

Well I installed the slackware lilypond package, but when tried to run the lilypond command, I came up with a missing dependency:

GLIBCXX_3.4.15

It seems that it should be easy to download and place in the proper location. Anyone have any experience with this and where it's located?

thanks
/~geo