Processing for Puppy - Java-based programming language

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
PaulR

Processing for Puppy - Java-based programming language

#1 Post by PaulR »

I Love Processing. So...

I've stripped down the current Beta ( 2.0 beta8 ) and it runs fine on my slacko 5.5.

Mostly I've removed all docs, 'books' and example code as it's all on processing.org and associated sites anyway. I've put it into an SFS that weighs in at about 109Mb (I know!) but that includes Oracle's Java (it won't run with IcedTea anyway apparently).

I'm not sure if it would be of interest to anyone else? It only took about 10 minutes to prepare (I didn't compile it!)... is there any place I could stick the file for others to use if they want to?

Paul

EDIT: Forgot to mention - you can build programs that don't require users to have Java as you can export to the amazing (Processing.js) javascript version so a web browser is all that's needed!
EDIT2: It's the 32 bit version.

tytower

#2 Post by tytower »

I use Arduino 1.0.3 which is based on processing.
But what does processing actually do?
What can I use it for ?

PaulR

#3 Post by PaulR »

tytower wrote:I use Arduino 1.0.3 which is based on processing.
But what does processing actually do?
What can I use it for ?
It's a Java-based programming language for quickly creating graphics/visualisations/audio/computer art/games or other programs. It includes a simple IDE from which to write and run your programs. It's easy to learn and you can one-click-export your programs to run on desktop computers with Java (PC or Mac) or in a browser via the Javascript version, processing.js or on Android.

Take a look at http://www.openprocessing.org/ for some ideas