Gnome-mplayer 1.0.4 & Gecko-mediaplyer 1.0.4

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
playdayz

Gnome-mplayer 1.0.4 & Gecko-mediaplyer 1.0.4

#1 Post by playdayz »

Gnome-Mplayer 1.0.4 and Gecko-mediaplayer 1.0.4

Released only about 8 hours ago on JUL 1 by Kevin DeKorte
http://kdekorte.blogspot.com/search/label/GnomeMplayer

http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... -1.0.4.pet
http://distro.ibiblio.org/puppylinux/pe ... -1.0.4.pet

gnome-mplayer improvements:

Conversion to the gmtk_media_player backend which isolates all mplayer control operations to a gtk widget. This is the majority of the change with over 3000 lines either moved or changed, and also the reason for the long testing period.

Various bug fixes over 1.0.3

GTK3 support, enable with --enable-gtk3 on the configure line.

Additional languages

Detection of Ubuntu global menus, assumed to be true when UBUNTU_MENUPROXY is defined in the environment.

dconf / gsettings preference store is enabled when using glib 2.26 or higher. Gconf support can be preferred with --with-gconf=yes

gecko-mediaplayer improvements:

Several javascript api enhancements to support more functions
Added Portuguese translation
More improvements for Apple sites

Pelo

How-to use gecko-mediaplayer as default in Firefox

#2 Post by Pelo »

How-to use gecko-mediaplayer as default in Firefox ?
Sometimes Windows Media Player is the default in Firefox. If we ask to change that for Gecko, we are sent to our local root. What have we to do then ?
Attachments
gecko.jpg
(96.61 KiB) Downloaded 531 times

Semme

#3 Post by Semme »

Post back with an example media clip if you have trouble >> opening files using plugins.

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

In other words Pelo, what type of media would you like to play? Have we got an addy?

Pelo

My aim is to improve sound quality

#5 Post by Pelo »

Sound is better with windows than with Linux, it's a fact. But i am connected to wireless from public address and wireless too often disconnect with windows.
Puppy stay connected. I try to amplify the sound by using a Puppy player.
In fact gnomeMplayer does not improve the quality. Even with a downloaded music.
Sorry, my ideas are clear, but not my english.
Perhaps audacity will do it.
I connect my big speakers on my computer and i adjust the sound level. But the Linux default is by-passed, not solved.

Semme

#6 Post by Semme »

Dites-vous que le volume des GMP ne fonctionne pas avec audio qui se trouve sur votre disque dur?

Smithy

#7 Post by Smithy »

I am not so sure that sound is better in windows than linux, maybe it is in the implementation of the sound in the application?

VLC is cool, but I just noticed it gives a nasty click on start of a sound file and the end is abrupt, even when I did a fade edit in audacity it just cuts it off before the end of the fade, very brutal and very crap.

MPlayer is smooth in that regard, I just wish it had the midi fixed, oops, just realised this is an older thread, there is 1.0.7 available in this multimedia section.