RetroShare 0.5.4 with VOIP

Antivirus, forensics, intrusion detection, cryptography, etc.
Dromeno

RetroShare 0.5.4 with VOIP

#1 Post by Dromeno »

See here:

http://murga-linux.com/puppyviewtopic.p ... 950#665950

http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/downloads.html

My apologies for pushing the subject (I have posted a request for a pet at several places on the forum already). But I think it is very valuable to add a functional retroshare to puppy. For one thing, it is a good alternative for the built-in server because you do not need to do any port forwarding in your router in order to accomplish a computer-to-computer connection.

I am used to using Opera Unite for this purpose but by the end of this year Opera will shutdown this feature

Another thing is that I would like to have some kind of combination of the remaster puppy program and retroshare, so I can create a copy of my existing puppy with myself pre-added as contact node (friend). Then I could give a CD with that puppy to a friend and (s)he could do the same. This would create a friend-to-friend network of puppy users who then can email/chat/talk/fileshare/participate in forums etc etc completely independent of the commonly used internet, commercial servers etc.

so pleeease... is there somebody in this virtual room who is willing to make a pet or sfs or (better still) portable linux version of the latest retroshare which works on lupu/slacko/wary.

My accomplishments so far: the portable windows version works wonderfully well via wine (connects even faster to the network compared to the version of the former release of RetroShare which sheepy made for puppy) but unfortunately the voip does not work in wine, so I suppose a real linux version is required.

markreaves

#2 Post by markreaves »

I might give it a shot. I like retroshare but have yet to try it on puppy.

Last time I used retroshare it had a nasty issue where after several hours of running it would become unresponsive and lockup the computer. I've been waiting for them to fix it. I guess it's about time to try it again and hopefully by now it works well. I didn't know they implemented VOIP..

Give me some time to work on it however. Could be up to a week or five depending on free time and success.

markreaves

#3 Post by markreaves »

Dromeno

portables

#4 Post by Dromeno »

something else: forum member markreaves seems to have some experience in the creation of linux portables which are specifically tailored for certain puppies.

See for instance here for retroshare for precize:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 809#689809

I wonder if the time consuming task of making pets (or portable executable) files which are usable for Carolina can be automated in some way. A portable retroshare for Carolina which works from inside a truecrypt vault looks very useful and secure.

Dromeno

oops wroing planet

#5 Post by Dromeno »

oops... sorry. I added the former posting in the wrong thread (needs to be in the Carolina subject of the puppy derivatives section)