LibreOffice + language packs (latest version: 6.1.4)

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
recobayu

#331 Post by recobayu »

Edit 180507:
New version 5.4.6 with texmath and latex in archive here:
https://archive.org/download/libreoffic ... _18.05.sfs

Edit 180118:
Better compression of xz file in sfs, make this to be smaller size
Libreoffice-5.3.7.1 (278mb)
or using archive.org here:
https://archive.org/download/libreoffic ... .3.7.1.sfs

fix make same font:
NimbusRomanNo9L as Nimbus Roman
Arial as Nimbus Sans

old version
libreoffice-5.3.7(291M)
or using archive.org here:
https://archive.org/download/libreoffic ... -5.3.7.sfs
I add font:
cmu font(latex font)
nimbus font
roboto
roboto condensed
roboto mono

I also add latex small.. We can make equation using texmath.
I add shortcut Alt+M to make an equation. So if we type:

Code: Select all

x_{1,2}=\frac{-b\pm\sqrt{b^2-4ac}}{2a}
then we select that and press Alt+M, the equation be a svg image that is latex formula.
Last edited by recobayu on Mon 07 May 2018, 09:50, edited 4 times in total.

ozsouth

#333 Post by ozsouth »

Thanks Puppus for your libreoffice-5.4.0-x86_64-1.sfs on pg 22.
Small package (139mb) works well with Slacko64 6.9.9.9 k 4.4 whilst earlier LO versions don't.
Still prefer the smaller WPSoffice, but nice to have a choice.

vtpup

#334 Post by vtpup »

Tried the Libreoffice 5.4.2 en 32 bit sfs, and it didn't install the main part of the program.

I assume that was supposed to land in /opt but there was nothing there.

Did a file search on "libreoffice5" and found lots of accessory files installed in various directories like icon pngs but couldn't find the main program directory.

A link I found to libreoffice5.4.2 in /usr/bin was missing its target.
[color=darkblue]Acer Aspire 5349-2635 laptop Tahrpup.[/color]
[color=blue]Acer R11 and C720 Chromebks Bionicpup64[/color]
[color=olive]Acer Iconia A1-830 tablet no pup[/color]
[color=orange]www.sredmond.com[/color]

Puppus Dogfellow

#335 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

vtpup wrote:Tried the Libreoffice 5.4.2 en 32 bit sfs, and it didn't install the main part of the program.

I assume that was supposed to land in /opt but there was nothing there.

Did a file search on "libreoffice5" and found lots of accessory files installed in various directories like icon pngs but couldn't find the main program directory.

A link I found to libreoffice5.4.2 in /usr/bin was missing its target.
tested in Xenial_704 32 bit. what pup are you using and how is it installed? does the download script itself (it should be in your Document menu) give you an unusable sfs as well?

i just opened the sfs up and everything seems to be where it should and as usual ("soffice" is the command/file in /opt/libreoffice5.4/program/ that /usr/bin/libreoffice5.4 is supposed to link to and that's there, the desktop files seem to be in place...). does 543 work as poorly for you as 542? (also only tested that one in Xenial 704 (where it works fine)).

hth

vicmz

LibreOffice 6.0.0 + language packs

#336 Post by vicmz »

The new LibreOffice 6.0.0 has improved filters, more formats, more fonts, a new look and a reduced size. Check the first page for a 32bit, xz compressed SFS and langpack PETs, or click here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AKxeE ... -89bA_uo75
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

Puppus Dogfellow

Re: LibreOffice 6.0.0 + language packs

#337 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

vicmz wrote:The new LibreOffice 6.0.0 has improved filters, more formats, more fonts, a new look and a reduced size. Check the first page for a 32bit, xz compressed SFS and langpack PETs, or click here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AKxeE ... -89bA_uo75
mirrored your language packs and 6.0 packages, vic. here are those plus the 6.0 64 bit sfs and pet:

libreoffice-6.0.0-en_US.sfs

libreoffice-6.0.0-en_US.pet

LibreOffice-6.0.0_64_en-US_xz.sfs

LibreOffice-6.0.0_64_en-US_xz.pet

Libre Office 6.0 Language Packs by vicmz

i never made the 32 bit packages for 5.4.4, but here are the two 64 bit for anyone who's interested:

LibreOffice-5.4.4_64_en-US_xz.pet
LibreOffice-5.4.4_64_en-US_xz.sfs

i'll likely be cleaning out most of the old libreoffices in this folder within the next week or two, leaving just the most up to date (and possibly some of the most compressed or specialty) versions.

vicmz

#341 Post by vicmz »

Thank you, Puppus. Sorry for not being arround more often to keep the thread up to date

Puppus Dogfellow

#342 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

vicmz wrote:Thank you, Puppus. Sorry for not being arround more often to keep the thread up to date
you're welcome, vic. no problem.

michel804

Problem with Libre Office 4.4.3 64-bit,created by Xanad

#345 Post by michel804 »

I downloaded the sfs file for my frugal install of Slacko64 6.3.2 but I could not open it. I get an error message (See screenshot)
What am I missing?
Thanks
Michel
Attachments
LO_problem1.png
Trying to open Libre Office Writer
(72.17 KiB) Downloaded 502 times

mikeslr

/root/%U problem

#346 Post by mikeslr »

You're probably not missing anything. My best guess is that somehow the Exec= argument in /usr/share/applications/LibreOffice Writer.desktop ends with a %U. Other distros need that; Puppies do not. But if your LibreOffice is like mine, the file in /usr/share/applications is only a symbolic link to one in /opt/LibreOffice. Where ever the actual file is, open it in geany and delete the %U. Save the change. While your in that folder, check to see if other LIbreOffice desktop files also include a %U, and delete them. Then restart-x. Remember to Save so that the changes you've made become part of your SaveFile/Folder which will take precedence over the builtin file.

mikesLr

michel804

#347 Post by michel804 »

Thank you very much for this answer, mikesir. When you say to "Remember to Save so that the changes you've made become part of your SaveFile/Folder which will take precedence over the builtin file. ", you are talking about saving the changes using the text editor like Geany, right?

Puppus Dogfellow

desktop files and icons for sfs installation issues

#348 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

libre6.1.desktops.pet

pet overwrites icons and desktop files from the sfs with sets copied from my 6.1 pet install. adding the icons was probably unnecessary, but this should fix any sfs installation's .desktop and menu entry problems.

(pet shouldn't be necessary and the redundant icon install will do no harm, but if the LO 6.1 sfs doesn't launch for you, try this)

hth

mikeslr

#349 Post by mikeslr »

michel804 wrote:When you say to "Remember to Save so that the changes you've made become part of your SaveFile/Folder which will take precedence over the builtin file. ", you are talking about saving the changes using the text editor like Geany, right?
That to. As you have a Frugal Install unless you execute a Save, either manually via a Save Icon on your desktop, Save entry on your Menu, or select Save on shudown/reboot, the changes (edits) you make will not be preserved. Until then, they only exist in Random Access Memory which is cleared on shutdown/reboot. So that was the "Save" of system/configuration changes I was referring to.

Explanation: On bootup of a Frugally installed Puppy, it copies into RAM some files from those files you have on your Storage Media (CD, Hard-drive, USB-Key) and creates links (inodes) to where the rest of the files pertaining to that application of module are to be found. As you use an application, those links are followed in order to locate those parts of an application you now need and copy any required file into RAM. So, your actual Operating System is always in RAM.

When an application SFS, such as LibreOffice.sfs is loaded into that system, some of its files are also copied into RAM, and the links (inodes) created point to the rest of the application (including configuration files and the desktop files) in the SFS. Puppies, however, are structured to give priority to files in the SaveFile/Folder. When you configure an application, or substitute a file, or edit a desktop file, you are also creating a new link or changing the link (inode) as to where a required file (and its contents) is to be located. But that change only exists in RAM until you execute a "system" Save, which writes it into your SaveFile/Folder in storage, and changes the inode (link) to the file now in your SaveFile/Folder.

mikesLr

mikeslr

Unwanted italicazations -- LibreWriter 60.1_64_en-us_xz.sfs

#350 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

I'm using LibreWriter 60.1_64_en-us_xz.sfs on two computers. Whenever I press the "/" key LibreWriter italicizes the text which is then typed. Rather annoying.

Anyone else experiencing this?

How does one turn that effect off?

mikesLr