PeasyDisc CD/DVD/BR Tools

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#61 Post by Flash »

Rats, It didn't work. Now PeasyDisk does the same thing as Pburn; it burns about half the job then quits. I tried burning the same folder twice because the first time PeasyDisk quit, the drive it was reading from mysteriously unmounted itself and changed its name on the desktop. So I remounted it and tried again. This time the drive stayed mounted, but PeasyDisk again stopped about halfway through the job.

Next I plan to try burning onto a different BD-RE. Maybe this one is bad, though I don't know that the drive monitors the disk on the fly during the burn.
Attachments
PeasyDisk BD-RE error 1.png
(7.91 KiB) Downloaded 748 times
PeasyDisk BD-RE error 2.png
(7.74 KiB) Downloaded 769 times

rcrsn51

#62 Post by rcrsn51 »

Try burning the files one at a time.

1. Drag the first file into the input box and select New.
2. When done, drag in the second file and select Add.

These files are on a USB drive? I had problems with this.
the drive it was reading from mysteriously unmounted itself and changed its name on the desktop
If for some reason, Precise lost contact with the USB drive, then the burn would definitely fail. This would NOT be caused by PeasyDisc.
Last edited by rcrsn51 on Wed 20 Nov 2013, 18:22, edited 2 times in total.

Ted Dog

#63 Post by Ted Dog »

@Flash that what my BluRay drive did just before it stopped working and needed my tshirt finger fix :x also can't download the growisofs pet got a 403 error a few pages back.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#64 Post by Flash »

rcrsn51 wrote:Try burning the files one at a time.

1. Drag the first file into the input box and select New.
2. When done, drag in the second file and select Add.
Okay, but it might be a while. At the moment I'm low-level blanking the BD-RE I was using, to see if it gets all the way through.
These files are on a USB drive? I had problems with this.
They're on an external USB3 hard disk drive. I don't have an internal hard disk drive in this computer. But I get the same error in another computer with an internal hard disk.

Ted Dog wrote:@Flash that what my BluRay drive did just before it stopped working and needed my tshirt finger fix
Well, I've gotten the same result from two different Blu-Ray burner drives. They're less than two years old and neither of them has seen much use. Hard to believe they'd fail that quickly, though the first DVD burner I got, one of the original Sony DVD burners, failed shortly after it was a year old and I don't think I burned more than 10 disks with it.
:x also can't download the growisofs pet got a 403 error a few pages back.
Which one, the Fatdog or Slacko? They're not very big. I could attach one to a PM.

Ted Dog

#65 Post by Ted Dog »

both, versions please. also could be a dust speck on disc. Bluray, is much more sensitive than dvd. I keep mine uber clean the older Bluray has about 6Tbytes burned before it acted blknd and needed a tsbirt cleaning.

Ted Dog

#66 Post by Ted Dog »

23.52 G is max with needed save zone using du tools I aim for 23.1G for backups to leave room for boot iso files. That way I can test booting and backup at the same time.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#67 Post by Flash »

Yay, I figured out the problem: a bad BD-RE disk. :x

After Pburn failed to low-level blank the same BD-RE about halfway through, same as where burning failed, I thought the problem had to be a bad disk, so I put in a different BD-RE and PeasyDisk burned the whole 22 GB folder to that one. I'm playing it right now.

rcrsn51

#68 Post by rcrsn51 »

Flash wrote: PeasyDisk burned the whole 22 GB folder to that one.
Great. This is an excellent test.

rcrsn51

#69 Post by rcrsn51 »

Ted Dog wrote:also can't download the growisofs pet got a 403 error a few pages back.
I don't have a problem with downloading either of these files.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#70 Post by Flash »

That's ok, rcrsn51, I sent them to him attached to a PM. He said he got them.

esmourguit

#71 Post by esmourguit »

Bonjour à toutes et tous,

Here is the french .mo file for PeasyDisc.

Cordialement, :wink:
Attachments
peasydisc_fr.tar.gz
(5.78 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
[url=http://moulinier.net/][color=blue][b]Toutou Linux[/b][/color][/url] - [url=http://toutoulinux.free.fr/pet.php][color=blue][b]Paquets français[/b][/color][/url]

rcrsn51

#72 Post by rcrsn51 »

Merci. I have posted V2.7 above. It has one new string, "Compatibility".

esmourguit

#73 Post by esmourguit »

Bonjour à toutes et tous,

Here is the new french .mo file updated.

Cordialement ;)
Attachments
peasydisc_fr.tar.gz
(5.8 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
[url=http://moulinier.net/][color=blue][b]Toutou Linux[/b][/color][/url] - [url=http://toutoulinux.free.fr/pet.php][color=blue][b]Paquets français[/b][/color][/url]

rcrsn51

#74 Post by rcrsn51 »

PeasyDisc v3.0 is posted on the first page.

darry1966

#75 Post by darry1966 »

Peasydisc is a lovely simple nice burning app.

Thank you.

greengeek

#76 Post by greengeek »

I just used PeasyDisc to rip an audio CD and completed things successfully (thank you) but have some questions:

1) On the "Basic" tab there is a field for "output folder" and it has a "save" button but it lacks a 'browse' icon, which is present for other fields in PeasyDisc. Is this intended for some reason?

2) When I try to choose a subset of the available tracks to burn I see the choices are "N or N- or N-M". I have successfully completed my ripping using these settings, but it took several rips to cover the whole CD because these parameters could not be combined (as far as I could tell). For example, I tried the following options but they did not work:

1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 12, 14
1-2 4 8-9 12 14

3) I could not see a way to rip and convert to mp3 in one pass.

Am I doing something wrong or are these just normal limitations?

rcrsn51

#77 Post by rcrsn51 »

greengeek wrote:On the "Basic" tab there is a field for "output folder" and it has a "save" button but it lacks a 'browse' icon, which is present for other fields in PeasyDisc. Is this intended for some reason?
I never bothered to add one because the Output Folder doesn't need to exist in advance. PeasyDIsc will automatically create it. Or you can drag an existing folder into the box. But I guess that it would be less confusing if there was a browse button too.
For example, I tried the following options but they did not work:
They don't. PeasyDisc uses cdda2wav to do the ripping and it uses the N-M argument. So PeasyDisc uses it too. I could have written something more sophisticated, but then I would just be duplicating all the other excellent ripping tools. I wanted something quick and dirty.
I could not see a way to rip and convert to mp3 in one pass.
You can't. See above.

davids45

WAV conversion to audio CD problem

#78 Post by davids45 »

G'day rcrsn51,

I'm trying to burn an audio CD to play in my old car (doesn't do mp3) from some old .WAV files (extracted in 2003 using a Windows program from an even older vinyl LP).

When I drag either the directory having the .WAV files or just a single .WAV file to PeasyDisc-3.0's Audio tab's "Burn WAV files to audio cd...", after a bit of a preamble (about the blank CD, I think) I see the message from the sh window:

cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open '*.wav'.

Nor can I simply convert the old .WAVs using the Audio tab's "Convert audio format (drag ...)", getting the sh message:

"Could not find a *.wav."

The .WAV file directory path is /mnt/sda5/Miscellaneous/Audio/ in case that is important. I've tried PeasyDisc in slacko-5.9.3 and tahrpup-5.8.3 with the same result.

I can play the .WAV files with various music players in Puppy and did convert a couple of the WAVs with mhWaveEdit to .mp3 using its 'Save As' conversion option.

Would you know what type of audio file is needed to play music on an old car CD player, one that doesn't like .WAV or .mp3?

Thanks for your help,

David S.

rcrsn51

#79 Post by rcrsn51 »

Your filenames have upper case .WAV extensions. PeasyDisc only looks for lower case .wav filenames. Rename the files.

davids45

Blocked by Capitals!

#80 Post by davids45 »

G'day rcrsn51,

Yes, it was the .WAV extension.

With everything .wav-ed, I now have an audio CD of my last-century record :) .

Perhaps a small update to the PeasyDisc Help about ensuring the lower case extension for old WAV files? - I saw the WAV in the Audio box instructions so had assumed WAV was OK as the extension.

Thanks again for all the Peasies,

David S.