Pfix options: why Puppy says there isn't plenty RAM?

Booting, installing, newbie
Voren

Pfix options: why Puppy says there isn't plenty RAM?

#1 Post by Voren »

I am using a PC with 512 ram, and had, for now, saved puppy's settings to an almost full 256mb usb key, so the puppy 3fs file is only 30mb

I noticed that when I was using puppy after it booted the saved settings, and I had downloaded the 17mb java 1.5 JRE bin from Sun to my home folder, and the warning signal was flashing in the taskbar that I had almost no ram available for puppy and the cursor was freezing-it was limited by the super small config-saved file, even though my PC has plenty of ram for puppy.

And when I use the pfix=ram setting at boot, I do not get my saved settings, but had plenty of memory for puppy.

Is it possible to run Puppy in completely in ram but still use your saved settings?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

Yes, from a multisession CD or (better yet) DVD. This requires there be a CD or DVD burner in the computer. Multisession CD/DVD will run fine even without a hard drive in the computer. I have been using it that way for at least 3 months with few problems.
[url=http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69321][color=blue]Puppy Help 101 - an interactive tutorial for Lupu 5.25[/color][/url]