Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 01 Oct 2014, 22:44
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Problems booting with grub floppy.
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
nic007

PostPosted: Tue 14 May 2013, 06:48    Post_subject:  Problems booting with grub floppy.  

On an old machine I had windows 98 and a puppy frugal installed on partition 1 (FAT32) of my HDD and Windows XP on the second patition (NTFS). All the systems booted from partition 1 with the grup floppy without any problems. I have re-formated partition 1 to (FAT32) again with gparted, set the flag to boot and also reset the windows MBR with ms-sys --mbr --write /dev/sda. I now find that I can not boot windows on the second partition with the grub floppy. I get an error saying the device is not bootable. Similarly, I get the same error when trying to boot windows without the floppy and have to use a XP quick start disk. The puppy files still boots with the grub floppy. Any ideas how I can make things work with the grub floppy as before? Thanks.
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » House Training » Users ( For the regulars )
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum