Problem using Samsung CLP500 In Precise 5.6

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
taichifu

Problem using Samsung CLP500 In Precise 5.6

#1 Post by taichifu »

Hi

I am using Puppy Precise 5.6 and I am experiencing printing problem with my Samsung CLP500 colour laser printer.Install the proper driver from Samsung and using CUPS 1.3.1. Tried CUPS 1.4 but this does not work at all, but CUPS 1.3.1 works a treat. My problem is I can print perfectly any documents but as soon as I try to print anything from the web all I get is coloured lines no text, is there a fix for this problem?

Any help will be most appreciated. By the way I have tried it in Puppy Precise 5.6.1 same problem.

rcrsn51

Re: Problem using Samsung CLP500 In Precise 5.6

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

taichifu wrote:I am using Puppy Precise 5.6 and I am experiencing printing problem with my Samsung CLP500 colour laser printer.Install the proper driver from Samsung and using CUPS 1.3.1.
1. Precise does not have CUPS 1.3.1. Please explain.

2. I cannot find a Linux driver for a CLP500 anywhere. Where did you get it?

3. What browser are you using?

taichifu

Printing problem

#3 Post by taichifu »

HI

I am using an old CUPS pet version that work for me. I downloaded the driver from Samsung longtime ago which works for me. The browser does not matter I have used Firefox,Opera,Seamonkey,Chrome it does the same thing.It just frustrating as I can print documents or photo.
Many thanks for your reply.

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

Here is something to try.

1. From your web browser, select Print > Print to File. This will save the web page as a PDF.

2. Open the document in your PDF viewer application.

3. Print it to your CLP-500.

taichifu

Printing problem

#5 Post by taichifu »

Hi

Thanks for your help tried it and it print OK, never thought of this way, still does not explain why this should be.Maybe some guru out there can shed some light on this.

Cheers.

rcrsn51

Re: Printing problem

#6 Post by rcrsn51 »

taichifu wrote:still does not explain why this should be
You are using an old printer driver in an old version of CUPS. The print job coming out of your modern web browser is not compatible with them.