on some page dedicated to those who use chrome. So skip it if it is odd
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

nooby

#32 Post by nooby »

This morning I dowloaded it again and will tell what happens later
I get back soon :) Edit must have done something wrong last time

Haha this time it does work instantly but I am not used to it
so will take some time to adjust to how google wants things done.

So Oscar thanks for the pet and sfs.
I use Google Search on Puppy Forum
not an ideal solution though

MikeyBrat

google chrome

#33 Post by MikeyBrat »

just manual installed google chrome 32 from extracted .deb dl'd from google chrome installer page for first time EVER.
Everything eems be working okay... so far.

-
usb frugal install puppy raring 3.9.9.2

gcmartin

Chrome has a fix for an annoying problem in its browser use

#34 Post by gcmartin »

Others may find this news a welcomed update. It is one of those bothersome things which I have agonized over before in browser use: "Where is that audio coming from?"

Hope this helps

YoutIndia

Chrome 32 on Precise 5.7.1 shows this error.

#35 Post by YoutIndia »

I am unable to install any Chrome version other than 24, every other version shows this error

Code: Select all

/opt/google/chrome/chrome: /usr/lib/firefox/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.14.3' not found (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
There is only one old version that I am able to run on it. This error is always shown on every version of Chrome that I try to install. Anyone have any idea how to solve this?

I first ran Puppy Precise 5.5 and then upgraded to 5.7.1 few weeks earlier.

Please, I need to complete a programming project in scratch and the flash on Chrome 24 is outdated to complete my project. I need to submit it at the end of this month.

OscarTalks

#36 Post by OscarTalks »

That Google Chrome 32 runs fine in Precise 5.7.1
The libnss3.so is located inside the seamonkey folder in /usr/lib and the version included natively in Precise is fine for Google Chrome.

Not sure why your Chrome is looking at one in the Firefox diectory. Precise doesn't have Firefox. Probably you have installed an older Firefox which has an older libnss3.so and that is why you are getting the error. Have you removed Seamonkey?
Oscar in England

YoutIndia

#37 Post by YoutIndia »

Yes, I have firefox 16 and Seamonkey 2.19 installed.

Will try running it again after removing Firefox 16 and will tell you then if it works or not.

Update : Yes, Thankyou, after removing Firefox, it just worked in one time. I am really happy because I was kinda frustrated about this for a long time and now it is solved. I should have came here in the first place.

Maybe Firefox has more priority over Seamonkey, that is why this problem existed in the first place.

Anyways thanks for the help I appreciate that.

cygnus_odile

Re: google-Chrome-32.0.1700.77.sfs

#38 Post by cygnus_odile »

OscarTalks wrote: Also Google Chrome 32.0.1700.77 if you want to try it
Download from here:-
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks
(You may need to right-click and save)
A member of our Puppy Linux Japanese Forum reported that your
  http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks/google-C ... 700.77.sfs
cannot be loaded by Mr.Shinobar's "SFS_load" utility on Puppy Precise-571JP (japanese edition).

I found that "/opt" directory in your sfs has incorrect permission(, see below).

"/opt" d rwx r-x r-x (755)

"/opt/.." d rw- --- --- (600)

So, I correct it and upload a sfs-package on Google-Drive:

google-Chrome-32.0.1700.77.sfs @Google-Drive

Best Regards,
cygnus_odile

OscarTalks

#39 Post by OscarTalks »

Hello cygnus_odile,

Thank you for the report. I think the problem was with the permissions on the main google-Chrome-32.0.1700.77 folder which is converted to the .sfs but I believe I have fixed it now. I tested it using sfs_load in RAM mode in Dpup Wheezy and it loaded and ran OK

Regards to all the Japanese Puppy users.
Oscar in England

Semme

#40 Post by Semme »

Oscar, 32.0.1700.102 build for Precise here.

OscarTalks

#41 Post by OscarTalks »

Hello Semme,

I took a look at that package. Because it is compiled in Ubuntu Precise (which has glibc 2.15) it won't run Dpup Wheezy (which has glibc 2.13) unfortunately. Hopefully the Debian devs will be releasing a Chromium 32 before long which will run in Wheezy and Precise.

This one does seem OK in Precise though. I did a few tweaks and gave it a quick test. I have named the package as chromium-32.0.1700.102-precise and uploaded it as .pet and .sfs to my "copy dot com" storage (where I have bags of space) in case anyone wants to try it out.
https://copy.com/lMmmQmxuqRJU

Users and testers please note.
Other versions by other posters are available. I haven't tested this one in Slacko. The one here by peebee may be more suitable for that:-
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81351
Oscar in England

Barburo

#42 Post by Barburo »

Thanks for the .pet !!
I was running V.30 and couldn't get rid of the "out of date" Flash message even though I had "--allow-outdated-plugins" on the command line.

chromium-32.0.1700.102-precise works fine in Precise 5.71 and no out of date plugin messages.
B.
[i]Laptop[/i]: Acer Aspire 5810TZ

darkcity

#43 Post by darkcity »

Can confirm chrome 32 doesn't work on Slacko 5.3.1, needs libstdc++ 3.4.15, where as Slacko 5.3.1 only has 3.4.14.

Error

Code: Select all

/opt/google/chrome/chrome: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
/opt/google/chrome/chrome: /usr/lib/seamonkey/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.14.3' not found (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
ref.
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/libstdcplusplus

Dpup

Chrome 33

#44 Post by Dpup »

Thanks Oscar, Chrome 33 pet with the two libs installed on Slacko 5.7 works on my Canon MX922. Have tried since Xmas to get CUPS driver for the Canon MX922 and unable to get it to work. Now I installed Chrome and it works fine with Google cloud printing and my home WiFi router on WPA2 TKIP.

I think for the many newer Cloud ready printers of all brands that do not have CUPS drivers, that Chrome or Chromium provides easy to install printing support out of the box for Puppy Linux when computer is connected to WiFi, but have to wonder how Google gets into users wallets !!!

Have Chrome 33 installed and working fine on HP laptop as well as ASUS Netbook. Also noticed that all activity on any of my computers is also visible from any other of my computers on my Google account, including my Android tablets, smartphone etc. And files can be easily shared or printed wireless from the different devices even when they are far from home on other carriers networks and on different operating systems, Puppy Linux, Windows, Android, Apple IPads, IPhones etc...

Also tested with Chromium, prints fine, but have to use settings to print because the print pull down menu does not list my MX922. Wonder since it works from settings how to get it to show on print pull down like Chrome does.

Thanks again for the latest Puppy Chrome and Chromium !!!

IlluminatiPL

#45 Post by IlluminatiPL »

Chromium Waterfall works around on Newest Slacko64 (64bit,glibc 2.15) and Slacko (August 13 as Stable and March 14 as Beta)/Precise 5.7.1 (32bit,glibc 2.15)

darkcity

#46 Post by darkcity »

Good day 8)

Testing on Slacko 5.3.1, need libffi

# chromium
/usr/lib/Chromium/chromium: error while loading shared libraries: libffi.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
#

bobc

#47 Post by bobc »

Thanks for your efforts.

I downloaded the 3 pets from the first page including chromium-34.0.1847.137-i386.pet and installed them and it all works great on Slacko 5.7.0

:)

Pelo

bookmarked

#48 Post by Pelo »

Version 30.0.1599.101 (227552) installed precise Triton (France) as sfs. Ok will try yr version 34.0.1847.137.

a_salty_dogg

#49 Post by a_salty_dogg »

Version 34.0.1847.137 working perfectly, loaded as .sfs, on Lx-Precise-Retro-13.11

Many thanks!

ribblle

#50 Post by ribblle »

I've installed this and it's in my menu but it won't launch. Using Slacko 5.7.0