facebook flash game issue (Marvel avengers alliance)

Please post any bugs you have found
Makoto

#16 Post by Makoto »

evan_danner wrote:when i type firefox in terminal it launch the firefox browser,,
If you start Firefox that way, and then leave the terminal window open, does it print any error messages when you visit the Facebook page and play the game?
i'm not sure if my graphic card driver installed properly makoto... here's the info..
It might help to start a new topic in the Beginner's subforum, asking for help in getting Puppy set up correctly with your video hardware... and perhaps someone will know what video drivers will work best (where to find them and install). I haven't worked with Puppy 5 yet (I'm intentionally sticking with my custom 4.3.1 for the time being), and I no longer have an ATI card around to test. :|

That said, if you don't mind upgrading your video card and RAM, that probably wouldn't hurt, either. I think (but I could be wrong) Puppy 5 requires 256MB of RAM by default (overhead, copying components into RAM, etc.), so you probably have less than half of the 512MB of RAM available, normally. Add Flash games' chewing up resources to that, and... :(
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

evan_danner

#17 Post by evan_danner »

Makoto wrote:
evan_danner wrote:when i type firefox in terminal it launch the firefox browser,,
If you start Firefox that way, and then leave the terminal window open, does it print any error messages when you visit the Facebook page and play the game? ==didn't test it yet makoto..but i will test it soon and report it.
i'm not sure if my graphic card driver installed properly makoto... here's the info..
It might help to start a new topic in the Beginner's subforum, asking for help in getting Puppy set up correctly with your video hardware... and perhaps someone will know what video drivers will work best (where to find them and install). I haven't worked with Puppy 5 yet (I'm intentionally sticking with my custom 4.3.1 for the time being), and I no longer have an ATI card around to test. :|
==thanks for the suggestion makoto..i have a bad feeling it must be related with ATI fglrx..
That said, if you don't mind upgrading your video card and RAM, that probably wouldn't hurt, either. I think (but I could be wrong) Puppy 5 requires 256MB of RAM by default (overhead, copying components into RAM, etc.), so you probably have less than half of the 512MB of RAM available, normally. Add Flash games' chewing up resources to that, and... :(
i already planning to upgrading my ram and video card..but still i'm curious
about this issue.. but i guess it's better to create a new topic as you suggest
:) thanks makoto