Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 25 Oct 2014, 13:18
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
xhippo GUI media player - patches provided by goingnuts
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
mcewanw

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jun 2013, 02:50    Post_subject:  xhippo GUI media player - patches provided by goingnuts
Sub_title: These include fixes for the spaces in directory/filenames issue

I recently posted a dotpet of a gtk2 xhippo, which, thanks to these patches by goingnuts, fixed the spaces in directory/filenames issue that were preventing these being added to the playlists.

With goingnuts kind permissions, I am posting all the xhippo patches he sent me around one year ago along with the relevant communication extracts he sent me regarding these and the outstanding issue of the missing RESTART/Play icon in the GUI to this thread.

Once bugfixed the patches for any improvements will be sent to xhippo author (Adam Sampson) in case he wants to incorporate any of them into official version. Otherwise a renamed fork could be released I suppose.

Hopefully this resource will encourage others to further develop this low-resource, simple to use, but flexible and powerful little media player. Relevant extracts from the PM Communications and the patches themselves follow below:

goingnuts wrote:

Sun 21 Oct 2012, 08:46
here are the patches (xhipo_patches.tar.gz ) i have used (when building original gtk1 version - mcewanw)

goingnuts wrote:

Mon 29 Oct 2012, 14:19
ok - seems to be the gtk2 version that has the problem. patch (04-xhippo-3.5-gtk2-buttonfix.diff.gz) attached that should fix that. (note: just remove the gz from the extension to get the diff - mcewanw)

goingnuts wrote:

Mon 05 Nov 2012, 16:13

I configured with:
./configure --with-gtk2 --disable-nls --disable-rpath --with-prefs-dialog

and had to disable /* #define HAVE_LIBID3TAG 1 */ in the created config.h file before doing the make...

I looked into the play-icon not showing and cant find the reason - its the same with my own gtk2 build. Turns out that the error is:
Quote:
(xhippo:9811): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type GtkPixmap to a GtkButton, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkButton can only contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type GtkPixmap

coming from function "pause_playing" in playlist.c. That means that the button has to be rebuild to a more complex type.
04-xhippo-3.5-gtk2-buttonfix.diff.gz
Description  additional goingnuts patch used by mcewanw in current gtk2 xhippo build
gz

Download 
Filename  04-xhippo-3.5-gtk2-buttonfix.diff.gz 
Filesize  1.42 KB 
Downloaded  87 Time(s) 
xhipo_patches.tar.gz
Description  patches goingnuts used when successfully building gtk1 xhippo version
gz

Download 
Filename  xhipo_patches.tar.gz 
Filesize  3.37 KB 
Downloaded  92 Time(s) 

Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 1 of 1 Posts_count_1  
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Off-Topic Area » Programming
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot