Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 02 Sep 2014, 03:42
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
MilPup_V2P
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
DPUP5520

PostPosted: Sun 23 Jun 2013, 01:59    Post subject:  MilPup_V2P
Subject description: Puppy Linux for the Military

Ever since the forum started talking about LPS here http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=69551 I've been thinking about putting together a Puppy based around most of the same principles of LPS. I've finally finished it and I think it came out pretty good.
Geared mostly towards the Army but can still be used by all services in the military as well as DOD civillians and the general public. Some features include a hardened file-system, Adobe Reader, Libreoffice, Encryption_Wizard, Google_Earth, and an XPS converter as well as the ability to sign PDFs and sign into almost all military websites using your CAC card. Unlike LPS you can easily save your sessions just like any normal Puppy if you wish to (though not recommended).
There are some limitations such as you cannot read XPS files (hence the converter), and I couldn't get DBsign Web Signer to play nice with MilPup so you cannot log into DTS.
Download link is below, it is about 390MB and you can check the MD5 to make sure it downloaded properly which is also provided bellow.
Automatic Log-in is also disabled so the username and password are provided here:

User:root
Password:milpup

MilPup_V2P Download

MilPup_V2P MD5

Page 1 of 1 [1 Post]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: