Fatdog 64 6.2 How to turn the num lock on as a default

Using applications, configuring, problems
RickGT351

Fatdog 64 6.2 How to turn the num lock on as a default

#1 Post by RickGT351 »

I have been using fatdog 64 for a while now and find it excellent. The only catch is that I want to have the num lock on by default instead of having to press the num lock button every time I boot up the computer. Is there a setting to alter to get this to happen?

npierce

#2 Post by npierce »

I am unfamiliar with Fatdog, but since you've had no other responses, I'll make a couple of suggestions.

Official Puppies allow this to be set with the quickcountry utility. Try this command in a terminal window:

Code: Select all

quickcountry
If that yields "command not found" in Fatdog, see if it has the numlockx utility by trying this command:

numlockx on
If that command turns on NumLock, you can place that command in a shell script and save it in the /root/Startup/ directory so that it will be run automatically soon after booting. (This assumes that FatDog uses the /root/Startup directory, which may or may not be a correct assumption.)

#!/bin/sh
numlockx on
(This is the same thing that official Puppies do after the Keyboard numlock box is ticked in the quickcountry window.)

WillM

#3 Post by WillM »

numlockx is in the Fatdog64 repository. It will link to $HOME/Startup on installation.