LIghtHouse64 Version 602Beta has been released to the field

News, happenings
gcmartin

LIghtHouse64 Version 602Beta has been released to the field

#1 Post by gcmartin »

LightHouse64 version 602beta is now available for 64bit PCs/Laptops/Tabletops in Puppyland.

This thread is merely an Announcement and is posted to alert users and new users to this distro's availablility and usefulness. This thread is NOT for posting problems or answering questions. Problems and any issues with LH64 should be posted to this location ===> http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=710846#710846

In the most recent release, There has been much improvements in its operational smoothness and in its ease of use. It was always smooth, but the latest has added additional smoothing for the user desktop experience.

This distro is fast....very fast...very, very fast. It is feature rich, too.

It comes in 2 distinct flavors: They are
  • LightHouse64 - a basic set of subsystems with full LAN services
  • Mariner - a superset of the Lighthouse64 base with additional browser and other very useful and capable tools-services.
Everyone who uses this distro will notice, right from your very start at boot, how intuitive it is. There has been much-much thought and work done to make this almost too easy to use for just about every need any user would have.

I have tested Mariner and find this a Shining Star in Puppyland. And, most new users who have a chance to use it will be comfortable as it offers much OOTB, that meets the needs of users. The system is designed for easy-simple understanding. no matter if you are trying to share music/video files with your LAN users or if you're just trying to seek help with many of its desktop utilities.

I have tested the Mariner version of this system and am using it in LIveDVD mode with sessions saved to the DVD. It boots fast and its LAN services for sharing is unparalleled in Puppyland (excepting PhatSlacko which it parallels).

More importantly, this distro, out-of-the-box (OOTB), does everything a user expects from an OS like Microsoft and Apple. It does everything one would expect as compared with most desktop Linux systems, too. Thus far, I have not found one item that needs installation from its PPM in this "Mariner" release. Thus, this provides a very rewarding experience OOTB allowing users to focus of creating better understanding in use of its core ingredients; and there is much there for digestion.

In addition to its phenomenal speed, it is stable along with its well design that is apparent to all.

I think most everyone who experiences this distro will applaud its development

It can be found via the forum, here.

Thanks to every one of the developers and the distro author for the contributions of this to the community for our use. Its another Great Day in Puppyland with this addition.

Here to help
Last edited by gcmartin on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Sylvander

#2 Post by Sylvander »

Are smm & Xfe available in Mariner?

Q5sys

#3 Post by Q5sys »

Sylvander wrote:Are smm & Xfe available in Mariner?
You'll probably get more responses if you post in the actual LHP 602 thread than in this one. I dont know if the Developer TazOC will be following this thread for support issues and questions.

The thread is linked in the first post.

Sylvander

#4 Post by Sylvander »

I had already posted about this in the main thread linked above. :D

Q5sys

#5 Post by Q5sys »

Sylvander wrote:I had already posted about this in the main thread linked above. :D
TazOC will respond when he's back on the forum. He's really good at answering questions from people