Why Choose Puppy? Easy!

Promote Puppy !
Cadejo

Why Choose Puppy? Easy!

#1 Post by Cadejo »

Team,

I'm proud to announce that I haven't booted into windows in over a month.

I'd like to outline a few logical reasons as to why Puppy is the my distro of choice.

1. It runs on anything!
I'm a huuge proponent of the USB Pen-drive Frugal install. I can take my operating environment with me anywhere. I'm especially smitten now that I'm running pupmode 12 (I know, I know). The implications are awesome. I don't take my PC anywhere, I know that no matter what, Puppy Linux will run and run well.

2. It runs everything!
I've installed, Virtualbox, M$-office in wine, Firefox, Dropbox, and other impressive suites like Ardour.

3. Commensurate Capabilities, to Name a Few:
- Launchy for file indexing/launching
- Hotshots (thanks Geoffrey) and NotecasePro for M$-Onenote like capabilities
- Libre Office aint that bad, it needs smart art.
- Clementine, awesome, just awesome
- CaC integration
- Thunderbird/Lightning

4. The Beauty of Puppy Linux.
Puppy allows you the zen-simplicity of an operating system in its purest form. It provides all the utilities that you need from the 1st boot. However, you have the freedom make it anything you want it to be.

Also, the support, care, and feeding from Barry, developers, and its community have made puppy what it is today.

Thank you!

musher0

#2 Post by musher0 »

Thanks.

Too bad the forum doesn't allow for background music. A nice violin serenade would be nice while reading your post! 8) :lol: :wink:

musher0
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

tallboy

#3 Post by tallboy »

Ditto. Twice, with oak leaves!

But remember, MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR PUPPY.

NOW!

The reason for my 'outburst', is that an old 1Gb memory stick just quit working today. I can mount it, and read short segments from it before it become non exsistent. It has been used frequently, but should definitely not have reached the end of it's life yet.

tallboy
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.