Slacko 5.5 Bug with Eclipse Kepler

Please post any bugs you have found
johnmichaelreed

Slacko 5.5 Bug with Eclipse Kepler

#1 Post by johnmichaelreed »

I have gotten this bug to happen every time I do the following things...

1. Download 32 bit Eclipse for linux (Classic or Java version) as a tar.gz file from the Eclipse site.

2. Extract the contents to /root/my-applications . Now the eclipse folder is in my applications.

3. Download 32 bit Java 7 (the newest version) for linux from the Java site. Also a tar.gz file.

4. Extract Java 1.7 to /root/my-applications/eclipse. Now JRE is in the Eclipse folder.

5. Click the Eclipse executable in the Eclipse folder. Eclipse Kepler should recognize the JRE folder inside the eclipse folder and open normally.

6. Create a "Hello World" program with your newly downloaded Eclipse and JRE. After typing in any class name, like "System", followed by a period, a list of subclasses and/or methods will pop up. All you have to do is type in "System." in main and wait a sec and watch the options appear. Then wait one more second after the method completion menu appears and Eclipse crashes.

7. Try this out with the classic eclipse or with eclipse for Java developers. The same thing happens.

8. Now try going into "Windows > Preferences > Edit" and find "method completion" and turn it off. Turn off all the automatic checking features. Now try writing "Hello World" again. No more crashing.

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

8. Now try going into "Windows > Preferences > Edit" and find "method completion" and turn it off. Turn off all the automatic checking features. Now try writing "Hello World" again. No more crashing.
Sure you run some Linux-Gnu Operating system :lol:
«Give me GUI or Death» -- I give you [[Xx]term[inal]] [[Cc]on[s][ole]] .
Macpup user since 2010 on full installations.
People who want problems with Puppy boot frugal :P

johnmichaelreed

Windows preferances in Eclipse

#3 Post by johnmichaelreed »

Dude, the Windows section in the eclipse menue bar at the too refers to the eclipse programming wondow, not the windows operating system. That options menu is there regardless of operating sustem.

bannaz

#4 Post by bannaz »

this error is because of a seamonkey conflict

This worked for me:

1- install firefox (MAIN MOVE)

2- make firefox the default browser

3- go to /usr/lib and rename seamonkey to anythingelse

4- copy the symlink /usr/lib/firefox to /usr/lib/seamonkey

Done!

bannaz

#5 Post by bannaz »

please mark this as solved or whatever if this works for you ;)