How to localize some small programs in Puppy?

For efforts in internationalising Puppy and solving problems in this area
vhshare

How to localize some small programs in Puppy?

#1 Post by vhshare »

Hi
Now I can not localize some tools in Puppy like PupZip, PupGet, RutilT, Roaring Penguin PPPoE ADSL, Puppy Drive Mounter because I can not find any po or pot file of these programs.Can anyone show me the way to localize them ? Thank a lot :D

Dougal

Re: Question about localization of some small programs in Pu

#2 Post by Dougal »

vhshare wrote:Hi
Now I can not localize some tools in Puppy like PupZip, PupGet, RutilT, Roaring Penguin PPPoE ADSL, Puppy Drive Mounter because I can not find any po or pot file of these programs.Can anyone show me the way to localize them ? Thank a lot :D
They are all scripts, so you need to open them in a text editor and just replace the existing text with the equivalent in the language of your choice.

If you look in Tkdvd, you'll see an example of how a script can actually be made to support multiple locales -- but it's more complicated.
What's the ugliest part of your body?
Some say your nose
Some say your toes
But I think it's your mind

L18L

Re: Question about localization of some small programs in Puppy

#3 Post by L18L »

vhshare wrote:Hi
...some years later now
you just use /usr/sbin/momanager