Linux Puppy greatest strength

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
dult

Linux Puppy greatest strength

#1 Post by dult »

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Linux, I've been learning Puppy for a wee bit now and I like it.

There are some issues bust I'm not that worried because I've learned (by osmosis) that in Linux, I can change things to my liking. It's great.

One of the factors that I like in linux is it's ubiquity. Not in the sense that it's everywhere, but because its made to work anywhere.

I asked a friend of mine (hardware major) if it was feasible to have a weakpc (a netbook) connect to a powerfull pc and use its hardware advantage for some works. As far as he knew, it wasn't.

Linux Puppy allows me to work on my netbook and then plugit in a beefier machine and let me do some more demanding work.

What this means is I'm no longer bound to a Hardware. A household doesn't exactly need a very powerful computer for each person. Neither does a school, or a college.

We become free from hardware in the sense that all we need is a Pen to work and some processors (over-simplification).

I know that Linux Puppy is made targetting x86. There are 64bit versions and some experimental ARM versions.

When I think of getting a tablet, I don't want to use it like an Android Tablet, targetted for simplified operation. I want it to be a pc without mouse or keyboard, a low powered, easy to carry pc:
- On screen keyboard;
- Touch mouse with 2 options:
- Touch to click;
- Drag finger to move, double touch to click.

The most wonderful part of this was if it was able to, on plugin, load the necessary drivers for x86, 64 or ARM and work. It was your computer, with your choices, everywhere.

Even if other apps didn't work, probably someone could make a compatability layer for apps to work (even if badly) (P.S.: Coding noob here).

Just a wishlist...

Thanks everyone! Hope I don't get flamed.