setting up dual monitor support for Saluki 0.2.3 [SOLVED]

Booting, installing, newbie
rmcellig

setting up dual monitor support for Saluki 0.2.3 [SOLVED]

#1 Post by rmcellig »

I am using Saluki 0.2.3 with XFCE 4.10. How can I set it up so that I can get dual monitor support. I have two monitors hooked up to my PC and am booting from a CD.
Last edited by rmcellig on Thu 18 Jul 2013, 08:24, edited 1 time in total.

p310don

#2 Post by p310don »

for me it just works out of the box upon bootup, but, try going to...

menu -> control panel -> hardware button -> Grandr Change Monitor Settings

That will bring up the monitor control tool, down the left hand side you should see a box with outputs in it. One will be your monitor, there should be a second, for your second monitor, if its connected of course. You can fiddle with the settings there.

rmcellig

#3 Post by rmcellig »

I don't see the second monitor listed even though it is plugged in and works fine in Windows XP.

Monsie

setting up dual monitor support for Saluki 0.2.3

#4 Post by Monsie »

rmcellig,

This thread over here might be of some help to you.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

rmcellig

#5 Post by rmcellig »

Thanks but I am looking for a step by step way of setting up a dual monitor setup that most noobs like me can follow. It can't be that hard since I can do it quite easily in Ubuntu. I much prefer puppy for its low resources and just plain fun in most cases :)

Hopefully there will be an easy to follow step by step out there regarding dual monitor setup

On a side note, I just installed 7 puppy distros on my laptop just to learn what each one has to offer.

My wife is the one with the dual monitor setup. She uses windows XP with no problems but loves puppy Linux for obvious reasons. So I am trying to find a puppy distro that can easily be set up for dual monitor.

It would be nice if someone could come up with an easy to use dual monitor GUI app. That would be great!!

rmcellig

#6 Post by rmcellig »

Finally!! Success!!!!!

I have Twinview working properly now. I am booted from a CD with Saluki 0.2.3.

I have one issue outstanding that I am sure I can resolve with some help. My main monitor looks fine except that my panel that runs along the bottom, is now on the secondary monitor. When I open windows etc... they open on the secondary monitor and not my main monitor. What do I have to do now to get this working?
Attachments
nvidia.png
(159.28 KiB) Downloaded 546 times

Edwardo

#7 Post by Edwardo »

rmcellig wrote:Finally!! Success!!!!!

I have Twinview working properly now. I am booted from a CD with Saluki 0.2.3.

I have one issue outstanding that I am sure I can resolve with some help. My main monitor looks fine except that my panel that runs along the bottom, is now on the secondary monitor. When I open windows etc... they open on the secondary monitor and not my main monitor. What do I have to do now to get this working?
rmcellig, are you still running Saluki with the dual monitors?

rmcellig

#8 Post by rmcellig »

I use it off and on now a days. Seems to work fine.

Edwardo

#9 Post by Edwardo »

rmcellig wrote:I use it off and on now a days. Seems to work fine.
I'd like a distro about Puppy size that's runs dual monitors out of the box, pref supported. Any ideas? XFCE interface would be nice but that's secondary to monitors.

rmcellig

#10 Post by rmcellig »

Maybe something like Carolina or Precise Puppy?