keyboard and mouse pad buttons

Booting, installing, newbie
Spica38

keyboard and mouse pad buttons

#1 Post by Spica38 »

I downloaded "precise-5.6.1.iso" and burned it to a CD-R with Brasero and booted it. It seemed to load fine but when it got to the Puppy desk top, the keyboard and mouse pad buttons were locked. The mouse pad cursor moves normally but no keys work.
I may have picked some wrong options when I loaded it, but when I reboot the CD it skips the pages where it asks questions like time zone, resolution and xorg driver and goes straight to the Puppy desktop. I did not tell it to save when I shut down. I do not want to load it onto my computer at this time, I want to run it as a live CD first.

I have an HP Pavilion dm4 laptop with i3 CPU, 4GB RAM & 465GB disk with Linux Mint 11 and windows installed. It's 64 bit but it can also run other 32 bit software. Mint still works fine but I haven't tried windows for a long time.

How can I get the keyboard and mousepad buttons to work and how can I get the CD to ask the setup questions? Did it store my answers somewhere? How can I erase them?

Thank you very much, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spica38

PS: After it loads, the screen goes blank and I have to press f3 to bring up screen brightness. This is not a problem for me but may be for others.