Uninstall programs

Booting, installing, newbie
fixit

Uninstall programs

#1 Post by fixit »

Many thanks and congratulations for Puppy Linux.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/images/icons/icon7.gif

Very stable compared to other Linux versions.

I am running Puppy from a pendrive.

I was downloading a file when I was informed that I had no file space left.

It told me to delete some files.

I did what I could, but lost the LARGE download.

Being a Windows user, I could not find how to un-install programs that I do not need.

Many thanks,
Andy

Monsie

Uninstall programs

#2 Post by Monsie »

Hi Andy,

Since Puppy Linux tries to manage without creating a large "paw print" so-to-speak, you will find that many programs are small in size, so deleting any will not buy you much storage space...

Still, Puppy does need some breathing room in order to play... You did not mention the size of the usb drive that you used to install Puppy. I recommend a minimum 2mb drive, but I find that a 4mb drive works better for me. If your usb drive is an acceptable size, then it is possible that you have allocated more space than necessary to your save file. If it is larger than the recommended default size, you might consider trimming that.

Further details regarding your installation and setup would be helpful....

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

Barkin

Re: Uninstall programs

#3 Post by Barkin »

fixit wrote:I am running Puppy from a pendrive.

I was downloading a file when I was informed that I had no file space left.

It told me to delete some files.

I did what I could, but lost the LARGE download.

Being a Windows user, I could not find how to un-install programs that I do not need.
When running from USB pendrive, downloading files larger than the RAM on your computer need to be downloaded to the hard-disc [HDD] or the USB memory stick which have more capacity.

So you don't need to uninstall anything from puppy, just save big downloads to HDD or USB where there is sufficient space.