Puppy Linux Code of Conduct - my thoughts

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
darry1966

Puppy Linux Code of Conduct - my thoughts

#1 Post by darry1966 »

I would like to post this because this mrning I saw the following on the Upgrade posting in the How to section and I would simply like to say how embarrasing it is to see this kind bickering going on it it not a good look to see this it begs the following questions.

1. What would newcomers think when seeing it??????
2. what has it got to do with the price of fish? - nothing to do with the topic and basically as postees for want of another term we need to think about our conduct and how it looks to anybody new or other users.

There is nothing wrong with discussing things and stuff. But I believe common courtesy is also important we have a wonderful distro lets just concentrate on helping each other to the common good not just bickering.
Link here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 3&start=45

bark_bark_bark

#2 Post by bark_bark_bark »

I agree darry, it is a problem. But there isn't a lot most of us can do right now.

Luckly the "Beginners Help ( Start Here)" and "Users ( For the regulars )" are still clean.

ardvark

#3 Post by ardvark »

bark_bark_bark wrote:But there isn't a lot most of us can do right now.
I think something that Jesus said can help...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV

:)

Regards...

darry1966

Agreed

#4 Post by darry1966 »

ardvark wrote:
bark_bark_bark wrote:But there isn't a lot most of us can do right now.
I think something that Jesus said can help...

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV

:)

Regards...
Yes totally agree as a christian I appreciate this verse. To sum up my whole purpose for what I do with my Anitaos 4.12 updating for old machines is to help people and I will not answer or get involved in bickering or attack anothers members work.

A forums primary purpose is to help others in a supportive environment and the sharing of knowledge for the greater good.

darry1966

#5 Post by darry1966 »

bark_bark_bark wrote:I agree darry, it is a problem. But there isn't a lot most of us can do right now.

Luckly the "Beginners Help ( Start Here)" and "Users ( For the regulars )" are still clean.
There is alot we can do that is how we conduct ourselves on a forum if we need to comment about anothers work point of view then it can be done in a way that is helpful and beneficial.

Lastly I want to say that if someone chooses to use an older version of Puppy and they like it please don't pull them down for it I find this pratice simply obnoxious and unhelpful and quite frankly boorish to please stop it.

Whatever a person uses long term is their LTS so please respect that.

bark_bark_bark

Re: Reply

#6 Post by bark_bark_bark »

darry1966 wrote:
There is alot we can do that is how we conduct ourselves on a forum...
I mean other than that, but yes respecting others is important
darry1966 wrote:Lastly I want to say that if someone chooses to use an older version of Puppy and they like it please don't pull them down for it I find this pratice simply obnoxious and unhelpful and quite frankly boorish to please stop it.

Whatever a person uses long term is their LTS so please respect that.
I agree, because I've used older puppies on both physical and virtual hardware and they provide many things that are useful on older hardware. I am going to use an alogy with cheese here:

take 2 cheeses for example, 1 is brand new from the store with the other being a year old. They both are the same cheese, just different ages. They both provide nutrition and are perfectly safe to eat.

That is no different with Puppy Linux, no matter if it is a brand new version or a version from 2007, they both work and can do the same job.

BTW, I am probably going to take a break from the forums, as I have plans to focus on other things right now.

darry1966

Cheese Reply

#7 Post by darry1966 »

Thankyou nice analogy Bark Bark Bark.