Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 26 Sep 2017, 01:46
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Precise Puppy 5.7.1
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 34 of 37 [551 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 Next
tlvu

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar 2016, 01:20    Post subject:  

Sorry if this has been answered before but why is flash not working with the provided Seamonkey in Precise Puppy 5.7.1?

I installed firefox (from Ubuntu repo) and the existing flash started to work immediately.

How do I get flash to work with existing Seamonkey?

Should someone republish/remaster a Precise Puppy 5.7.2 with flash working out of the box?

Thanks.
starhawk

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar 2016, 02:10    Post subject:  

Hate to say it -- but don't expect a response here. Precise 571 is old news and the developer has (sadly) moved on.

I'm in a stuck spot with it, too... I've yet to get help that worked Sad

april

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar 2016, 02:46    Post subject:  

tlvu wrote:
Sorry if this has been answered before but why is flash not working with the provided Seamonkey in Precise Puppy 5.7.1?

I installed firefox (from Ubuntu repo) and the existing flash started to work immediately.

Should someone republish/remaster a Precise Puppy 5.7.2 with flash working out of the box?

Thanks.

Download precise quickpet http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=83642
Go through and update flash and then you can get lots of other goodies as well
tlvu

PostPosted: Mon 21 Mar 2016, 19:52    Post subject:  

april wrote:
tlvu wrote:

Thanks.

Download precise quickpet http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=83642
Go through and update flash and then you can get lots of other goodies as well

Sorry for noobs question, what's a "quickpet"? Seems like a collection of apps and fixes. With all the apps listed how can this quickpet be only 208.75 KB ? I am so intrigued, will try it for sure.
Mike Walsh

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar 2016, 04:55    Post subject:  

Hi, tlvu.

The 'quickpet' is basically a fast way to access more commonly used and/or requested programs/apps from the PPM. Saves opening the PPM and working your way through all the steps.

You might find with 571 (I run it myself, amongst others) that, even after trying to install Flash with the installer, that the installer itself will need updating before it will work; Adobe have changed all the site URLs since the older GetFlash was put together.

If that's the case, then go to here , and obtain shinobar's getflash-1.5-6.pet; this is the most recent version. Once you've installed that, you should no longer have problems downloading and installing the most recent FlashPlayer.

Once you've done that, I would recommend installing Geoffrey's UpdateFlash .pet. Geoff's put together a brilliant utility which checks the Adobe web site for the latest version of Flash; if it finds it, it asks if you want to install it. If yes, then it downloads and installs it for you.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=100523

The newest .pet. 1.4, will be found at the bottom of the first post.

If you tick the 'Start FlashUpdater at Startup' check box, it will put a sym-link into the /root/Startup folder, so that it will then run automatically, every time you boot.

Hope that helps.

Mike. Wink

L18L

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar 2016, 07:13    Post subject:  

tlvu wrote:
Seems like a collection of apps and fixes. With all the apps listed how can this quickpet be only 208.75 KB ?

Because the collection of apps and fixes is not inside, it is just the list of apps and fixes.
Hope that helps Very Happy
starhawk

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar 2016, 12:56    Post subject:  

Welp, okay, I guess it's supported for people with handles that don't read "starhawk".

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was that caustic... should I change my sig to a chemical warning sign, maybe? or "Handle with care"...? or maybe you folks want me to just go away... I've been thinking about giving Linux Mint a more serious look anyways.

You folks tell me. Opinions wanted...

Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar 2016, 14:08    Post subject:  

Thanks for reminding me of a good puppy; I'm running 5.7.1 (Large) now and seeing if I can get Flash working itn (it isn't working now).

EDIT; Mike's advice above to use getflash was good and Flash is working fine in Seamonkey now.

Acer Aspire M1610 (Core 2 Duo, 2.3 GHz), 3 GB of RAM, 320 GB hard drive running Slackel 7.0 Openbox, Rosa R9 LXQT, Vector Standard 7.2 RC1, Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Devuan 1.0.0, Stella 6.8, Sparky 5.0 Game On and AntiX 17 beta 3.

Last edited by Colonel Panic on Wed 23 Mar 2016, 15:40; edited 1 time in total
Colonel Panic

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar 2016, 15:35    Post subject:  

starhawk wrote:
Welp, okay, I guess it's supported for people with handles that don't read "starhawk".

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was that caustic... should I change my sig to a chemical warning sign, maybe? or "Handle with care"...? or maybe you folks want me to just go away... I've been thinking about giving Linux Mint a more serious look anyways.

Please stick around starhawk. I've never had a problem with you here AFAIK and don't expect I ever will, also you're one of the most knowledgeable people here and always willing to help other people who are having a problem.

Plenty of people here use Mint as well as Puppy (I do for a start).

Acer Aspire M1610 (Core 2 Duo, 2.3 GHz), 3 GB of RAM, 320 GB hard drive running Slackel 7.0 Openbox, Rosa R9 LXQT, Vector Standard 7.2 RC1, Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Devuan 1.0.0, Stella 6.8, Sparky 5.0 Game On and AntiX 17 beta 3.
starhawk

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar 2016, 16:24    Post subject:  

Thank you, Colonel Panic, for the kind words -- and my apologies for not seeing them sooner.

Just seems, a lot of people on here either avoid me or try to start crap... or get indignant when I ask for help... or get indignant when they're not really being helpful but they want to think they are and I call them on it -- as happened earlier in this thread.

Maybe I just need to take a break. I dunno.

musher0

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar 2016, 17:43    Post subject:  

Colonel Panic wrote:
starhawk wrote:

Please stick around starhawk. I've never had a problem with you here AFAIK and don't expect I ever will, also you're one of the most knowledgeable people here and always willing to help other people who are having a problem.

(...)
Hello starhawk.

I haven't followed this Precise thread closely at all -- simply put, I haven't used the
PrecisePup in a long time.

But I'll counter-sign what "Colonel Panic" has written about your presence AND your
posts here. You are one of the most helpful AND friendly members on this forum.

BFN.

"True justice would be to annoy pelo as much as he annoys us." (Me)
starhawk

PostPosted: Wed 23 Mar 2016, 17:47    Post subject:  

Thanks, musher!

quirkian2new

PostPosted: Thu 24 Mar 2016, 11:14    Post subject:  

Hello starhawk,

first of all thanks for your helping me in posting a desktop sreenshot on another thread " My Puppy is more gorgeous than yours!" and also your reply on android pup.

I am totally agree with Colonel Panic and musher0 that you're one of the most knowledgeable people here and always willing to help other people who are having a problem.

Take a break if you want, but I hope you won't give up. Hope you can continue with your willingness to help other people in this forum.

Many thanks.
april

PostPosted: Thu 24 Mar 2016, 11:33    Post subject:  

Suckups KMA
starhawk

PostPosted: Thu 24 Mar 2016, 11:56    Post subject:  

Someone sounds a little sore... try Preparation H Wink

...sorry, couldn't resist...

Page 34 of 37 [551 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 Next
 Forum index » House Training » Bugs ( Submit bugs )
Jump to: