Simple ADB Tool

Miscellaneous tools
mistfire

Simple ADB Tool

#1 Post by mistfire »

This is a simple GUI frontend for Android Debug Bridge command. This is an initial release. If you want to add more ADB command frontend or improve GUI layout. Go ahead and post your proposed changes for this program here in order to merge and improve this tool.

Known issues: Refresh device list is not yet implemented. I need help to fix this.

NOTE: Download and place ADB executable file in /bin or /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin before using this tool. (ADB binary will be included on future releases)
Attachments
simple-adb-1.0.0.pet
Initial release
(1.22 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
screenshot1.png
(18.13 KiB) Downloaded 725 times

april

#2 Post by april »

I got this and ran it . My phone is android 5.1 ZTE blade A110.

It can attach as a data file ,mtp files , charge only and CD rom .
I tried all but none were recognised by your software
So maybe I can help if you tell me what its supposed to be doing and how its supposed to be connecting?

Got some basic programming code or pseudo code or something to tell me what language you are coding in and what programs you are using ?
Edit
Knowing nothing is a wonderful way to start .
I went to https://developer.android.com/studio/co ... e/adb.html and found I had to make myself a developer on my phone and that was hidden .
So I'll bet there is just a ton of stuff hidden in there .

mistfire

#3 Post by mistfire »

@april you must enable USB Debugging on your android device in order the device to detect by this program. Simple ADB is intended for troubleshooting android devices. If you want to access your device via MTP just use MTP client software such as gMTP

drunkjedi

#4 Post by drunkjedi »

ADB is for those who want to root and change rom, recovery and other things...
Although it can transfer files from or to PC, it would be overkill for for regular use.

I haven't used your GUI app.
But have used command line adb and fastboot to root and change recovery of my Oneplus One mobile.

Will take a look into this later.

rodocop

#5 Post by rodocop »

Well under Windows ADB is the great tool making Android-device connection more convenient, easy and fast. Really.

So will try here in puppy