Libreoffice Openoffice and MSOffice 2007 at the same time!

Promote Puppy !
toowoombalinux

Libreoffice Openoffice and MSOffice 2007 at the same time!

#1 Post by toowoombalinux »

G'day,
I was quite curious to see what Apache had done with our beloved Oo - so I installed Openoffice 4.0 - the sidebars are quite innovative...i like.

I was always led to believe that you can't have an install of Libreoffice and Openoffice at the same time.... well not on Ubuntu anyway... but curiosity got the better of me and installed Oo 4.0 and Libreoffice 4.0.2 on a single core 512mbs lappie running Puppy Lucid and ran both at the same time....then I capped it off by running MSWord 2007 on top of that! CPU was maxed and things ran a little slow but I was honestly surprised that Puppy could do all that at the same time...

PUPPY POWER!!!!

Cheers
Martin

PS. I need MSOffice to run Excel Macros from work :( - yep they're still living with the Curse....

toowoombalinux

#2 Post by toowoombalinux »

G'day,
back again just to update you that I've made a squashfile of the new Openoffice - I've just tested it on a fresh install of Puppy Lucid - works like a charm!

I'll upload it (pretty big at just a smidge under 150mbs) and I'll post it in the Software Section sometime tomorrow....

Cheers
Martin

fyi. Apache has been working on furthering the compatibility with MSOffice including formatting and Macros - so if that's ya thang then Openoffice may be the better choice....