remastered precise forces xorgconfig wizard at boot [solved]

Using applications, configuring, problems
ashes

remastered precise forces xorgconfig wizard at boot [solved]

#1 Post by ashes »

Hi,

I have remastered Puppy Precise 5.7.1 to have live boot CD suited for my needs.

Now, every time I boot, I have to go through xorg config wizard before before x starts. That's unnecessary since I'm using the remastered puppy on just one machine

I have tried several changes like pfix=nox, then an approach described here, http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=67393, which I tried manually, I hardened xorg.conf co it cant't be changed, deleted /root/.XLOOADED etc, etc

None of that helped and by now I have run the RemasterPuppyLive-CD-script several times, which consumes a bit of time.

Does anybody of you know of a possibility to remaster Precise without xorg config wizard bothering after boot?

Thank you in advance
Last edited by ashes on Sun 03 Nov 2013, 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

ashes

#2 Post by ashes »

due to my poor linux skills I solved the problem the hard way.

since I got tired about remastering after every configuration I opened the precise-sfs file and changed and experimented this way.
I recommend this way of editing a remastered puppy.

first I deleted .XLOADED which in Precise is in /root so that there's no complain about an unclean shutdown

then I went to /usr/sbin
there I focussed on xorgwizard, xorgwizard-cli and and xorgwizard-automatic

I renamed xorgwizard to xorgwizard1 and xorgxizard-cli to xorgwizard-cli1

I renamed xorgwizard-automatic to xorgwizard-cli, because the boot-script of which I don't know where it can be found, wants to run xorgwizard-cli.
I decided to have xorgwizard-automatic run instead, that's why I did the rename.

in the /root/Startup folder I placed a script to reverse all this renaming after X has started.

and now xorg config wizard doesn't bother me anymore when I load my custom Precise

if there's a more elegant way to solve the issue, I welcome suggestions