Joined: 26 Feb 2012 Posts: 578 Location: New Zealand
Posted: Mon 02 Sep 2013, 23:36 Post_subject:
Xorg upgrade for Puppy Linux 2, 3.01, 3.02 Revised 08-09-13 Sub_title: Apologies for previous mistakes in this Post so has been corrected.
Aplogies to all for the previous mistakes in this post it is now corrected below........
I have noticed on the forum that one of our forum members was enquiring about upgraded Xorg for these old Puppies allowing graphical GLX and Dri support and of course we have only have Xorg 7.2 in these Puppies in standard install.
So in order to answer the question can Xorg in these Puppies be upgraded well the answer is yes. Xorg Full Dri 7.3 from the Puppy Linux 4 Repos can be installed plus matching xorg base file (install Xorg 7.3 base pet first (Xorg Xorg base 7.3) and Xorg xorg servers 7.3.1 and REBOOT and you can test it by running GLXgears to test it. Video performance will be dramatically improved..........
1. Install Xorg Xorg base 7.3 pet
2. Install Xorg Xorg Full dri 7.3 pet
3. Install Xorg Servers 7.3.1 .pet
4. Once in the desktop type glxgears in terminal
5. Install Puppy 4.12 flash full screen fix and restartX (This step is needed if you can't play flash in full screen - in my case version 10)
FullScreen patch is available below if needed.
It is a good idea to re-run the Xorg Wizard.
Tested on Puppy Linux 2.20A and 3.01 and 3.02. Doesn't work with Classic Pup 2.14X.