Can't select by tapping touchpad. (SOLVED)

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
noalternative

Can't select by tapping touchpad. (SOLVED)

#1 Post by noalternative »

I am using compiz-pup, which is a variation of lxpup with compiz installed. I can't select things on the screen by tapping the touchpad. I have to use the buttons. This is a real pain. I have gotten into mouse and keyboard configuration on the wizard and selected touchpad, and the tapping tab but it is not clear how to enable this feature, I tried checking fast tapping but after I save it an look at it again it is unchecked.
Last edited by noalternative on Wed 09 Dec 2015, 04:13, edited 1 time in total.

unicorn316386

#2 Post by unicorn316386 »

Hi noalternative,

For me in Slacko 6, if I go to Menu -> Setup -> Mouse/Keyboard Wizard, then select Touchpad, and hit the third tab on the top that says Tapping, then change "One Finger" from Disabled to Left Button, hitting the touchpad will then act as the left mouse button. I must admit that it confused me at first too, but once I played around, the :idea: went off and it all started making sense.

edit: Fast tapping? Ah, yours must be somewhat different from mine then. The one in mine is titled "flsynclient".

noalternative

thanks this worked.

#3 Post by noalternative »

Thank you.