Puli 3.8.3 bark 6, released Nov 2014

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Pelo

PPM some tries with jukeboxes

#46 Post by Pelo »

PPM some tries with jukeboxes
Goggles Music player in addition to Gnome-mplayer : nothing wrong.
You must update PPM before using it.
Attachments
Cluedo.jpg
Training class
(71.57 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 02:15, edited 3 times in total.

gjuhasz

Please try the latest version of Puli

#47 Post by gjuhasz »

Hi,

Thank you for playing with this old version of Puli.
However, Precise Pangolin, the Ubuntu version it is based on is not supported anymore.
Thus, let me encourage you to use the latest Puli http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=96964, built on Trusty Tahr (better saying, its parent is Tahrpup 6.0.5 CE while its main features are unique)
I see only advantages of Puli 6.0.5 against 3.8.3, and this is why I have removed 3.8.3 from my web folder.

Have fun!

Regards,

gjuhasz

Pelo

top with tahrpup, lib FFmpeg are missing,

#48 Post by Pelo »

I play old version because i decided to stop with tahrpup, lib FFmpeg are missing, and i change my mind to X-tahr and xenialdog. I am interested in apps, firmware in Precise puppy fits well my computer Medion P7624, bought 2012
And we cannot change all the time our Puppy with a brand new one. There are to many. I like my Puli, i keep it as it is.
I unsterstand that devs prepare Puppy Linux for the Future. Unfortunately software is getting less and less, since Ubuntu stop development. Packages are Debian. Use Debian Puppies !
And i should say that old ones were prettier than last ones. A tahrpup and a Slacko soon will be reduced to change kernels, without caring to apps software.
why to keep Precise ?
Users make Puppies fit their own needs by adding software or deleting fat (useless fat, as proved by Mistfire and X-Slim Slacko).
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 02:16, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

new virtual keyboard

#49 Post by Pelo »

new virtual keyboard / Argolance and Médor were asking me the Magyar file for virtual keyboard to be used with their xvkbd pets. It just as been provided on topic (slaxen 6.3.2) by gjuhasz
Merci for Médor. I am running my Puli 3.8.3.
I install this pet XVkbd on it (de suite)
"Thank you for playing with this old version of Puli. " Old for devs only, Adult for users (full featured for their computers)
Puppies just born need to be grown, under care of their creator, on brand new computers with tactile screen, bluetooth, and wireless. .. 3D :!: