Barry is calling it quits

News, happenings
mavrothal

#31 Post by mavrothal »

Thanks for everything Mr Kauler.
Puppy was fun and knowledge for me the last 4 years.

Hopefully this herd of cats will be able to continue on the trail of the dog and foster its puppy to grow.
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

dawg

#32 Post by dawg »

Dear Barry Kauler - if you're reading this (hopefully do) -

Thank you for all your hard work on Puppy, and thanks for creating it, in the first place!
I may have been among the ones who tend to complain, more often that not (and sometimes I misword things or express myself improperly, but I'm among the ones whose first language isn't English), but it's also because I'm amongst the many who'd like to see Puppy prosper also in the "mainstream", as it deserves better recognition (and with some minor "improvements"/adaptations/"polishing" - perhaps XFce, that may well happen), so again, I'd like you to know that the simplicity, usability, modularity, as well as speed and small size (and surely some other things that I forgot to mention here) of Puppy are much appreciated, and I'm with the thousands of people (happy Puppy users and developers) worldwide who are very grateful for it!!

You've managed Puppy to maturity, and it certainly is a project that's a valuable contribution to humanity, something to be very proud of and what's become of it!
So now that you feel you should move on, that's perfectly fine, others will take over (hopefully, organizedly and in unison - together we're stronger! - Puppy power!! Move over, Bill Gates!!) :D
And I/we wish the best of luck to you on your journeys, wherever they may take you!

A good woof on ya, mate! (said with Australian accent) :D

- 'dawg' of .si
I used to only like Puppy as a friend, but now I think our relationship is starting to develop into something more... :D

Ray MK

#33 Post by Ray MK »

Hi all - (what dawg said) could not have said it better myself.

Very best regards and a massive thank you for all you've done.

Hope the future provides properly for you and that you have lots of fun with your new phone etc.

Again - all the very best - Ray
[b]Asus[/b] 701SD. 2gig ram. 8gb SSD. [b]IBM A21m[/b] laptop. 192mb ram. PIII Coppermine proc. [b]X60[/b] T2400 1.8Ghz proc. 2gig ram. 80gb hdd. [b]T41[/b] Pentium M 1400Mhz. 512mb ram.